Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, January 2007 issue of Modified Mag Magazine had a test drive of the MS3. Blah blah blah, but some interesting points about it, and our engine.

"Dropping a 263-horsepower version of the MRZ into the MazdaSpeed3 was a bold move, one that catapults this muscular little 5-dorr hatchback to the exalted position of most-powerful FWD production vehicle ever built and elevates the MazdaSpeed brand from underdog to top-dog". Like that phase...thought I'd throw that in.

Next quote: "And don't think for a second that the MRZ is tapped out in OEM trim - with forged crankshaft and connecting rods, there's little doubt that there's room to turn up the boost. The outer power limits of this engine are still somewhat unknown, but given how beefy the internals are we're pretty confident that 400whp isn't out of the question when the MS3 finds it's way into the hands of...." and on and on and on.

They talk some more about a tuned version they drive...intake and exhaust....that were good for another 30whp.

Good read, anyway. Just thought I'd share.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Ok, January 2007 issue of Modified Mag Magazine had a test drive of the MS3. Blah blah blah, but some interesting points about it, and our engine.

"Dropping a 263-horsepower version of the MRZ into the MazdaSpeed3 was a bold move, one that catapults this muscular little 5-dorr hatchback to the exalted position of most-powerful FWD production vehicle ever built and elevates the MazdaSpeed brand from underdog to top-dog". Like that phase...thought I'd throw that in.

Next quote: "And don't think for a second that the MRZ is tapped out in OEM trim - with forged crankshaft and connecting rods, there's little doubt that there's room to turn up the boost. The outer power limits of this engine are still somewhat unknown, but given how beefy the internals are we're pretty confident that 400whp isn't out of the question when the MS3 finds it's way into the hands of...." and on and on and on.

They talk some more about a tuned version they drive...intake and exhaust....that were good for another 30whp.

Good read, anyway. Just thought I'd share.
[/b]

Cool Stuff the MZR needs that reconition. i am a proud owner of one

1 - 2 of 2 Posts