Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Interesting Info on MPS'

The big question is when will the MPS be available; don't think I could wait two years for it

·
Registered
350 Posts

Press releases from Mazda has been published with a launch date set to autumn (fall) 2003

·
Registered
350 Posts

Originally posted by Danno

Check this out...  http://www.autonet.ca/AutonetStories/stori...fm?storyID=7024

Looks like the MPS will actually become a reality.  Interesting what it says at the end of the article "both sedan + hatch avail. in December"...  I think they are wrong!!![/b]
December was Mazda6 not the MPS version.

·
Registered
391 Posts

Yes, but the HATCHBACK!!!!!!! and sedan. I called at Mazda Canada and they told me the Hatch wasn't coming until the end of 2003 or the begining of 2004...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Yeah, I was refering to the hatchback... ;)

but I can just imagine how much this sucka is gonna cost, probably around $40K Canadian...

·
Registered
259 Posts

I'm still willing to eat 3 cases of kraft dinner per month
to be able to pay the mps
i dont care wana know why?
6 speed,4x4,4cyl turbo=280HP/265 torque

crank-up 6-7psi and a small 50hp NOS =400hp

by the way a 911 turbo as around 400hp:D

now you know it all

[email protected]

visit my website[glow tcolor=green, fcolor=blue, size=8, strength=3]thanks[/glow]

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

Being moved to the MazdaSpeed forum. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Did you say NOS? Or NAAWWWSSS? :hoho

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Trying out the new possibilites, huh?:D

Good to see you finally got the moderator status here. It's surely needed!:)

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

I'm giddy with my newfound power. Muuuhuuhuuhaahaahaa!
Now quit hijacking this thread. :D

·
Registered
1,180 Posts

Mazda also have said that they think that de Mazda6 MPS would be a great imagebuilder, but it will get to close (in speed, price etc) to the RX-8......they've got a point there..but the Mazda6 MPS is offcourse more practical...make that thing, and fast!

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

Let's say they both come in for around $28,000 US. On the one hand you have a four door hatchback that I would class as a GT car. It weighs in the neighborhood of 3400 lbs. or more and has AWD. On the other hand you have a large 2+2 with suicide doors. Basically a very practical coupe that can seat four comfortably. As a coupe, it has very little trunk space, but it has 50:50 weight distribution and a high strung incredibly smooth motor that loves to rev into the stratosphere. This is a RWD sports car. Its purity is only slightly sullied by the suicide doors and the rear seats. It weighs around 2800 lbs.

Personally, I don't think they fit the same buyer at all. Will they have similar power specs? Sure. But I think these two cars appeal to entirely different buyers. The RX-8 appeals to the pure sports enthusiast who needs a little space for passengers, but isn't willing to compromise on performance and handling. The MS6 will appeal to the classic GT driver - someone who loves performance autos but has needs for comfort and or utility that a normal sports car can't offer. And also that GT high speed cruising ability.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts

I totally agree kenoka

Here in Europea there are few new GT's in the same class as the Mazda6

Alfa Romeo GTA 3.2 (250hp)
Ford Mondeo ST220 3.0 (220hp)
Opel Vectra GTS 3.2 (211hp)

The Mazda6 3.0 V6 would be a good competitor to those cars. But we don't have the 3.0 V6 here, so if they price the Mazda6 MPS 2.3t (280hp) as much as those three, the MPS will kick there asses!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts