Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A good friend of mine makes carbon fiber (Real cf) parts.

I'm posting to see what parts (Interior and/or exterior) people may want made in carbon fiber.

If I get enough interest/paying customers I'd be happy to become a vendor on the forum.

http://s1051.photobucket.com/albums/s437/carbonfiber2/

·
Registered
122 Posts
A carbon fiber center console would be cool along with a pillars and instrument cluster bezel... I bet that would be extremely pricey though :(

·
Registered
60 Posts
What about a carbon fiber strip to replace the squishy rubber trim that runs between the upper and lower dash? This is where the german automakers throw it.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
My interest would be in the insert of the gauge pod surround, as well as the door panel inserts that house the window switches and door pulls. Maybe even the inserts at the (interior) door pulls....

I believe the above items should be universal across all 1st gen body styles.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
A carbon fiber center console would be cool along with a pillars and instrument cluster bezel... I bet that would be extremely pricey though :(
Yeah, +1 for the center console. Well, not actually the whole console, but just the top part (gear shifter cover and the part around the 12v socket back to where the cupholders end. Don't even care if it's real carbon fiber or not as long as it doesn't scratch up like stock!

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, +1 for the center console. Well, not actually the whole console, but just the top part (gear shifter cover and the part around the 12v socket back to where the cupholders end. Don't even care if it's real carbon fiber or not as long as it doesn't scratch up like stock!
PM sent

·
Registered
74 Posts
If you could do an engine cover for the Mazda 6 i4 engine..depending on how it came out I'd be interested

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
yea. me also. feathercarbon is supposed to be doing some. but ive been trying to call them for the past week. and now there phone is disconnected. so i dunno how likely thats going to be. he was charging $160 + shipping. if your guy can do about that. id def be willing to order one up.

·
Registered
99 Posts
If you could do an engine cover for the Mazda 6 i4 engine..depending on how it came out I'd be interested

+1 for engine cover for 6i

·
Registered
536 Posts
Not to sound like a ass but. do they use the plastic as a mold. Then they make the cf part. So you get a real cf part and not just a cr wrap?

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Not to sound like a ass but. do they use the plastic as a mold. Then they make the cf part. So you get a real cf part and not just a cr wrap?

He wraps existing parts in real carbon as well as creates new molds that are 100% carbon fiber.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
About this Discussion
31 Replies
15 Participants
2006_MS6
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing