Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you guys have read anything about the engine mount for the 6s that CPE has out, it seems as though $140 buys you much better shifting, better response, and even a better sound from your car.

I wanted to create a thread to see how much interest there was for an engine mount for the 6i. Maybe if we can get enough people, we can forward this thread to CPE to show them that there is a market for the part.

"Probably the best thing i've ever done to my car"
"better shifting
mean engine sound
no more violent engine rocking"

http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=49646

The main CPE Engine Mount thread:
http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=37201

That thread has TONS of great reviews on the engine mount.
I have not read one bad review, or even a review that says its only "okay"

This mod seems more than worth it for only $140. If they actually had this product available, I'd purchase it as of this minute. It's also very easy to install, and it only requires you to jack up the front of the car and support the tranny a bit.

If you're interested in this part, let us know in this thread!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Cp-e has the CAD drawing from the 6i mount from my car. If you could spark interest I'm sure they could make us one.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I would be in, but I have one thought on the matter...

CPE made one for the 6s because it needed it; Has anyone checked into the details/specs of our I4? Maybe we wouldn't even need one, or maybe only after soo many mods then the engine would benefit from a stiffer mount?

I am only saying this because I don't want everyone (including me) to get all of our hopes up and once it's done, we see barely any benefits like the 6s guys did....

I personally have no knowledge of the mounts myself, thats why I am wondering...

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What we do have to realize is, that although there will be improvements, it won't be as significant as those found on the 6s just like you mentioned. I'm assuming that the engine mounts on the 6i and 6s use the same urethane, and being that the 6s has more torque, the CPE engine mounts will obviously make better improvements on the 6s than 6i.

With that being said, I am still interested in the mount. When shifting in first and second with a good amount of throttle, I can feel the engine rocking back and forth.

Stretch mentioned that his stock mounts are already being torn. Of course he drives harder than most of us will ever, but it goes to show that over time, the stock urethane mounts will tear.

I'd rather put in $140 now for the improvements and durability, than pay for it later down the road when they break/rip anyway.

·
Registered
947 Posts
What we do have to realize is, that although there will be improvements, it won't be as significant as those found on the 6s just like you mentioned. I'm assuming that the engine mounts on the 6i and 6s use the same urethane, and being that the 6s has more torque, the CPE engine mounts will obviously make better improvements on the 6s than 6i.

With that being said, I am still interested in the mount. When shifting in first and second with a good amount of throttle, I can feel the engine rocking back and forth.

Stretch mentioned that his stock mounts are already being torn. Of course he drives harder than most of us will ever, but it goes to show that over time, the stock urethane mounts will tear.

I'd rather put in $140 now for the improvements and durability, than pay for it later down the road when they break/rip anyway.
[/b]
Ok well that is what I was thinking.. I just didn't know for sure...

I would be in then for sure!

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I was under the impression that the CPE engine mounts for the 6s and 6i were the same, except for the fact that the 6i needed spacers? (they needed someone to test these.)

I only have the header + MAFci but I have seen my engine move enough to warrant buying a mount. Don't put me on the list though, I'm planning on trading in at the end of the year and need to save what little cash I have. :(

·
Registered
823 Posts
I was under the impression that the CPE engine mounts for the 6s and 6i were the same, except for the fact that the 6i needed spacers? (they needed someone to test these.)

I only have the header + MAFci but I have seen my engine move enough to warrant buying a mount. Don't put me on the list though, I'm planning on trading in at the end of the year and need to save what little cash I have. :(
[/b]
Me too. I thought someone had even used the v6 mount on the Mazdaspeed, only they needed to drill out the holes a bit. If you look on their site, under Mazdaspeed, they list an engine mount, would that be similar at all?

Also, didn't Mr Tea test a urethane engine mount, and it didn't have any problems, but the urethane on the 6s had problems due to the engine heat and exhaust location?

Just a couple thoughts I wanted to add to the discussion.

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
i've had one on for like 9 months now from VF, just need to email them or F2Cars has them in stock now i think? if people really want them i can follow up.

·
Registered
308 Posts
i've had one on for like 9 months now from VF, just need to email them or F2Cars has them in stock now i think? if people really want them i can follow up.

[/b]
That would be nice. Thanks a lot Mr. Tea.

Some of the V6 members had issues with the engine mount...I believe the red part of the engine mount was coming out. Was that taken care of.

·
Super Moderator
9,080 Posts
this mount hasn't been on a V6 yet, just the 4bangers. i did the test fitting for it last year, been good so far.

when i have time i'll swing by to see how things are going. you can always email them if you want as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
10 Participants
MrTea
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing