Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone considered re-locating the TMIC? I do not think it would be too difficult to relocate the TMIC somwhere up front. I know on my oldschool 242 Turbo my FMIC was piggybacked off of the radiator with no ill effects. I installed an electric fan on top of it with a temperature probe and it worked great. With a little piping magic I bet the TMIC could be relocated up front with minimal cost. I have not looked under my hood yet to see if this is feasable but just looking for any reason it wouldnt work? The beauty of it is that if it doesnt work it wouldnt take much to put it back to stock.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Or, I've considered removing the intercooler all together, fabing a pipe from the turbo to the intake, and installing meth injection into that pipe. It would keep us cooler than stock, and eliminate virtually all of the lag. Only problem would be having to refill the meth resevoir as often as the gas tank. But, it would be quite simple to swap in and out. Just a thought.

·
Registered
583 Posts
how much does meth cost? and can i get a little coke. hahaha i am dumb. no, but really. how much would the up-keep on that set-up run? also, with a fmic that is larger wouldn't we see the turbo kick in later?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
crossbow
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing