Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Best IC's have minimal drop. IC drop adds to pressure ratio, which drives up turbine speeds and increased backpressure from turbine. not good.

Most tee gage line to line off manifold, for manifold boost. If boost is consistent, then move hose to pick up directly off compressor (line to vent valve). If you now read 18psi at wot and 5500, vs 15.6 normal, that's 2.4 psi across the IC. not good.

diagrams:

http://forum.mazda6tech.com/viewtopic.php?...0fc3f2a2876ed9b

a/l ic's have low drops,and no heat soak issues. may be able to make a top mount version. key is using real radiator for the aux cooler, vs high pressure, less efficient oil coolers. fmic's have more bling for sure, but more surgery too.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I cannot tell from your post, but have you tested this yourself? Have you hooked up a boost guage before and after the intercooler to see the difference? Please clarify if you have actually tested this.

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've done it on a saab turbo, and my rx7 twin turbo.

Also used a dwyer differential gage to go the same, but this gets tricky.

This gage (100" wc) is great for checking pressure drop though filter and maf, up to turbo intake. Showed 1 psi drop just due to filter housing restriction on the rx7.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
Velocity6
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing