Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  1. I was recently in an accident and i need to replace my headlight ive been calling around but nobody has any for my 2004 mazda 6 and i was curious what other years (if any) would fit instead of an 04.

·
Administrator
8,491 Posts
Sorry to hear about you accident.

If you have the integrated fog lamps (located between the turn signal and high beam), then you need a '03-'05 headlamp with integrated fog. If you don't (if you don't have any fog lamps or they're located in the lower bumper), than any headlamp from a '03-'08 should work fine.

The only thing I need to mention is that the '06-'08 headlamps very slightly from the '03-'05 (mainly a black insert compared to chrome), so you may wish to replace both of them if you do go with '06-'08 versions.

Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
17,212 Posts
Sorry to hear about you accident.

If you have the integrated fog lamps (located between the turn signal and high beam), then you need a '03-'05 headlamp with integrated fog. If you don't (if you don't have any fog lamps or they're located in the lower bumper), than any headlamp from a '03-'08 should work fine.

The only thing I need to mention is that the '06-'08 headlamps very slightly from the '03-'05 (mainly a black insert compared to chrome), so you may wish to replace both of them if you do go with '06-'08 versions.

Good luck.
Everything he said - image for reference:

·
Administrator
8,491 Posts
If you have the integrated fogs, you'll have a secondary rotary switch on your headlight stalk that turns them on/off. If not, then you do not have the fogs.

It's tricky, because the headlamp units in the '03-'05 models have a lens located in the integrated fog, whether or not the foglamps are actually in there or not. The only other way to double-check is to look at the back of the headlamp unit and see if there's a bulb and wiring connected into the foglamp position.

·
Registered
2003 Mazda 6S
10 Posts
Thanks. Yeah I don't have a secondary rotary switch, just the primary one for the head lights. I'll probably install some in the bumper someday

·
Super Moderator
17,212 Posts
@Mz6GreyGhost can correct me if I'm wrong but I thought you could swap out the stalk and it would work, but I might be forgetting that you need to run new wires, so don't quote me.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Probably correct, asazda usually put the harnesses in place. However, a big factor would be sport or non sport bumper.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts