Mazda 6 Forums banner

Intelligent Keyless: Who has had a sensor replaced?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry guys. I don't want to beat a dead horse, but I want some empirical data if I am going to have to take my car in for service to have the trunk sensor/request switch looked at since my service tech. is a dirtbag.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Nope. My sensors are perfectly fine. Its still only at 2200 miles, and my parents let me use the small one person garage so I haven't had any winter related issues.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Just take it in if you think that the car is not working the way it's supposed to. That's what the warranty is for. Sometimes they need some feedback so that they can improve their product. If the tech is being an ass to you, report it to the manager. If the manager is being as ass too, report it to Mazda and go to a different shop. Don't frustrate yourself, let them fix a problem that shouldn't be there in the first place.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just take it in if you think that the car is not working the way it's supposed to. That's what the warranty is for. Sometimes they need some feedback so that they can improve their product. If the tech is being an ass to you, report it to the manager. If the manager is being as ass too, report it to Mazda and go to a different shop. Don't frustrate yourself, let them fix a problem that shouldn't be there in the first place.[/b]
I'm in MICHIGAN. This is a GM state. There is one tech. at this dealership and the next closest dealership is an hour away. 90 percent of this state's population will not buy a car with a foreign name.

·
Premium Member
3,070 Posts
I haven't had any issues, except a couple times when I had the FOB in same pocket as my cell. I've only had the car a month, but I've washed it several times, and it's been in several downpours and I haven't had any issues with any of the buttons.

One thing...I don't use those high pressure places...I just wash at home with the hose. Some of the ones around here are over 1500 PSI...that will get water in a lot of things that ordinarily won't.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
i've had random problems with the keyless. i always use the handle reponse pads. sometimes there's a delay and other times they don't respond. it's been to the dealer with no fault found. i haven't had any problems lately, but a couple months back they didn't work at all. funny thing, no work was done and now they have have been working fine. damn mazda pixies.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Just take it in if you think that the car is not working the way it's supposed to. That's what the warranty is for. Sometimes they need some feedback so that they can improve their product. If the tech is being an ass to you, report it to the manager. If the manager is being as ass too, report it to Mazda and go to a different shop. Don't frustrate yourself, let them fix a problem that shouldn't be there in the first place.[/b]

why don't you stop pouting and listen to people. I am almost positive that particular mazdaspeed dealership is not the only one in the state. report it to mazda and move on. I did a dealer search and their are 3 mazdaspeed dealers within a 60mile radius from east lansing. go and drive the hour, if they fix it you'll be out of 2hrs of your life but at least your trunk switch will be working

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was just trying to get some data so when they tell me that they have no idea, I can tell them "look, check this, this, and this."

·
Registered
851 Posts
i can tell you right now, most dealers and techs arn't going to care if you got the data off of a web forum or not. it all comes down to if mazda will reemburse them for the warrenty service

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Why won't Mazda reimburse them for the warranty service? It should be covered under my warranty.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I have an GT and I have had from time to time problems with the request not being answered, but if it has been 3 times within the 6 months I have owned her. So I have not even bothered. I have also noticed delay and if my cell is in the same pocket as my key, then it wont work sometimes. But overall, works great!

·
Registered
851 Posts
a cell for or keys can block the signal of the advanced key. it's in the manual....

i don't know the exact reasons but they usually call mazda first to see if they will warrenty it(pay for it)

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My trunk request button does not work since day 1! I have to take it in to have them look at it.[/b]
Try this....go and press the passenger request switch, then move the the back of the car and press the trunk request switch and see if it will work. I want to see if you have the same problem as I do.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
I may have a fualty sensor and not know it. It sometimes will not work. I look like a retard getting up all on my car just to unlock it sometimes, LOL. (I keep the card in my pocket at all times).

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Try this....go and press the passenger request switch, then move the the back of the car and press the trunk request switch and see if it will work. I want to see if you have the same problem as I do.[/b]
That will lock all the doors. The passenger and trunk request buttons do the same thing - as far as I can tell. These things work off RFID so you need to be close to the car (within 2') and make sure you don't have keys or a cell phone close to the key fob - just my $.02

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What is wrong with you? I happen to be very highly educated. That means when the first person suggests the cell phone frequency could cause an interruption of the RFID, i'm going to try it without a cell phone on me, but that was last week's news.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My trunk request button had stopped working twice for maybe a day in the past 2 months or so but it seems to have died about a week ago. Called my dealership and brought the car in. They told me right away they'd probably have to order a new sensor and they hadn't even looked at it yet. After taking a quick look they said they'd call me once the part comes in...I can't see why your dealer would give you a hard time with this..mine seems to know it's a common issue (as a side note my door buttons have been working great).

1 - 20 of 39 Posts