Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After searching and coming up short, I've got a couple of questions. I'll be installing DDM HIDs in the very near future and while I've got the headlights out, I'd like to put in some fog lights in the space where the integrated fogs used to be (on the 03-05 models). Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that I can purchase the Bosch Mini H3 Projectors from HID Planet and they should be a direct fit. Ideally, I'd like to wire these up using a push button switch that goes next to the TCS switch so that I can add some lower fogs at a later date. Is all of this possible and what else, exactly, do I need in order to make this happen? Naysayers need not reply. Any pointers would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
so basically, u want to have intergrated and lower fogs on at the same time using the switch right? well i guess our 6 (03-05) uses the bosch mini h3 prj as our integrated. as for the wiring inside the headlight, i really dont know if it's different in the 06, but since you are wiring it to a separate switch, it should be feasible to do it then... you would need relay, wires, and all those electrical stuffs to make a harness, and btw, why would u want to open your headlight just to install HID? What is DDM?

and if you are going for the bosch h3 route, i believe u need to bake open ur headlight... just my 0.02 good luck

·
Registered
149 Posts
so basically, u want to have intergrated and lower fogs on at the same time using the switch right? well i guess our 6 (03-05) uses the bosch mini h3 prj as our integrated. as for the wiring inside the headlight, i really dont know if it's different in the 06, but since you are wiring it to a separate switch, it should be feasible to do it then... you would need relay, wires, and all those electrical stuffs to make a harness, and btw, why would u want to open your headlight just to install HID? What is DDM?

and if you are going for the bosch h3 route, i believe u need to bake open ur headlight... just my 0.02 good luck
[/b]
yes, the headlights DO need to be baked open to install integrated fogs in the 06..By DDM he means the conversion kit (offered by xenonexpert) . If your going to do the fog light mod i'm almost sure the h3 projector will work. You might as well put the halos in as that would be ther cheapest (and the hottest) part of the headlight. manually controlling them is just a matter of wiring 101. Maybe i'll be the test dummy on this since i've replaced almost all the other lights, and added some, in the car.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies guys. Yes, DDM is the latest HID kit from XenonDepot. I just got them today. If all goes well, I'll be installing them this weekend. Cars at the bodyshop getting the bumper fixed and lip spoiler painted.

Alright, so the Bosch Mini H3s will fit. I think I can figure out the wirining if none is in place. I am also going to get some lower fogs at some point when they become more reasonably priced. OEM kit isn't available as far as I know and buying the pieces is around $400. Way too much for me.

I'll be posting a review of the DDMs once I get them installed. Thanks again for the input.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Post some pics! Let me know how the small ballasts look. I personally haven't done this mod and its next on the list.

Good Luck

·
Registered
465 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys. Yes, DDM is the latest HID kit from XenonDepot. I just got them today. If all goes well, I'll be installing them this weekend. Cars at the bodyshop getting the bumper fixed and lip spoiler painted.

Alright, so the Bosch Mini H3s will fit. I think I can figure out the wirining if none is in place. I am also going to get some lower fogs at some point when they become more reasonably priced. OEM kit isn't available as far as I know and buying the pieces is around $400. Way too much for me.

I'll be posting a review of the DDMs once I get them installed. Thanks again for the input.
[/b]
:huh: DDM is from Xenon Expert...us.

What do you mean you got them from Xenon Depot?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Has this been done yet.... I am looking at doing this while I'm doing the HID retrofit. I search and always see posts saying it can be done but no pictures. If anyone has completed this mod chime in and post a pic so we can finally see it works with the Bosch Mini H3 :TTIWWP: .

·
Registered
142 Posts
I checked the parts catalogs and see the headlamp switch with fogs is the same for 03-06. So with that said the wiring should be in the car already like it is on the 03-05 models. So from what I gather I would just need to buy the switch (stalk w/ fog switch) and a set of the Bosch H3 Mini projectors on HID Planet and it should all go in as a direct fit up?

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
ask djquik1, i believe he's working for mazda, and he should have the wiring schematics for 6 that has int. fog or not. It should be doable, but just the wiring inside the headlight i dont know... or just use an aftermarket switch?

·
Registered
142 Posts
I wish I would have thought to do this before I ordered the H3 minis but last night I pulled off the dust cap and took a look inside the headlight and nothing is there. Just a wide open space. After looking at this I thought I might just need to fabricate the metal bracket but now I am concerned the plastic piece up by number 6 is not in place either. I will know tomorrow if this is do-able or not when I crack open the headlights. My big concern is making sure I can get this in there and still use the factory adjustment screw (it is there) to adjust once everything is sealed back up.

Pololance6i claimed he put these in and used epoxy to mount but you would have to epoxy to the backside of the bezel and that just seems dumb. Once it is in there you have no adjustment and it would be a total crap shoot as to where the aiming would be.

Oh yeah, the wiring is there. Looked like a black wire with a white stripe and had the female spade connector on the end so installing the factory stalk with the fog switch should more than likely work.

Guinea Pig - Hope you don't mind me stealing your picture :).

·
Registered
133 Posts
I noticed today that there is a wire not plugged into anything when i was installing different parking light bulbs. Is this wire set up on 6i sport model for the intergrated fog or is this something else? Also if this is a plug already set up for the intregrated lights can you use both the lower and the upper fog lights?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts