2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Replying to Topic 'Intallation manual for Spoiler'

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reading Topic: Intallation manual for Spoiler

Yep. Maybe for Monday. Raining almost everyday here. You clean in the morning and 1 hour later the 6 is Dirtyyyy
I need to wash my car and them the Photos
Hasta la vista

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

My 6 without accesoriess

My 6 with Sideskirts

My 6 with Frontal Aero Bumper

My 6 with Halogens

My 6 with Rear Aero Bumper

And My 6 with Spoiler.....SOON-SOON-SOON
I need to RELOAD my camera

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Grayflanner
I think the lip spoiler is very easy to install. The only thing is the Care when you drill the holes. Maybe you nee only 3 screws. 1 each side and maybe 1 in the middle

With the Spoiler you have a (papercopy) with the original measures and the holes. You have to cut this paper and put over the trunk and put some tape. And then mark the holes and drill. With the Spoiler you have 2 screws to each side and the wiring (plug) in the left side conect directly to the plug inside the trunk.
Also the Wing Spoiler come with 2 new pneumatic damper. I think there are more rigid than the original, to support the weight of the spoiler. The Brake light in the spoiler is transparent. you can se the transparent leds but iluminate in red. Very interesting

TOMAS

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Yep Absolut. STRATO BLUE

·
Registered
38 Posts

What I'm really looking for is wether the lip spoiler uses the same holes as the wing. Other posters have said they thought it didn't but I'm looking some documention.

TIA

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts

Originally posted by Grayflannel

What I'm really looking for is wether the lip spoiler uses the same holes as the wing. Other posters have said they thought it didn't but I'm looking some documention.  

TIA[/b]
http://www.mazda6club.com/forums/read.php?TID=3908

Check that thread out. He had the dealer to the installation but TS3 DraGkuLa might be able to tell you if it does or not. My thinking would be that it does. The lip and wing cover the same distance and look to fill the same holes. So a quick removal of the wing to the lip might very well be possible!

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Grayflanner
I dont think so.
You can see in the picture the format of the holes (sketch). The Wing Spoiler is wider than the lip spoiler and have to Screws in each side (2+2). Maybe the lip only have 1 screw to each side and maybe 1 in the middle

[: leds :]

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts

[rant] If this were true I think this would ultimately be stupid on Mazdas part. Why not when fabricated the trunk lids make the holes the same for each spoiler? I mean this way when the trunk lids gets put on there is still a choice for what spoiler type to put on.[/rant]

Oh well, just ranting out loud again.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Intallation manual for Spoiler

i completely agree with you
i am getting the sport package, but think the lip spoiler looks a little better...if the holes were the same, i could just purchase it and switch it out, and then if i changed my mind, swap it again

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

In the ilustration 6 you can see the sketch for installation (You can see the scissors); You have to cut the contorn and put over the trunk and then put a tape to avoid move.
TOMAS

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Intallation manual for Spoiler

And..............With the Wing Spoiler you need a 3rd Hole in the left side of the trunk to insert the cables (connector/plugs). The real true.

Absolut. Or maybe you can loose ypur lid or Spoiler (stole). Very common here
TOMAS

1 - 20 of 23 Posts