Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time here and already loving it...I just purchased a new Mazda 6 V6 fully loaded...18 inch wheels, leather seats, fog lights...well you name it...Quick questiuon though...Where should I start if I wanna squeeze more power out of the engine? Intake? Exhaust? I'm also worried about warranty voids with modifications. I'm not a go fast kind of guy, but i'm a car enthusiast and at some point would like to take it to a dynno and also a track to see how it performs. Suggestions?

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Welcome to the board and congrats on your car...good choice.

With the V6, there are plenty of options to increase performance. I'd recommend (because others are going to) searching the board. Lots of stickies, mods, links, to help (or maybe even confuse) with your choices. Have fun and watch your wallet.
:drive:

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
A Cold Air Intake is your best bet for horsepower increasebeing it's not pricey. Exhaust will give you maybe 1 horsepower sorry to say. Most stock exhaust systmes are built exceptionally well for cars now days. Headers are a highly rewarding hp upgrade but costs about $900. What you should really look into is called the CP-E engine mount, a tranny cooler, and a CP-E CAI if you have the money. You can buy those three upgrades for about $700 tops and will see great results from your car. Buy/Sell section may have used ones as well. Let me tell you also that the suspension upgrades on this car are the nicest in my opinion. This car is no 1/4mile car but can definately run on the track like it was made to!

Visit www.therpmstore.com and then come back here and search for an item to your interest and you'll find more answers.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I already checked The RPM Store and found a lot of cool stuff there...thanx for the info anyway. Since I'm new to car tunning ( my other car was an SUV), my brother in law (who is a Mazda freak by the way ) is helping me look for things that can be done and kepping the warranty intact. I already have my mind set on a CAI and also a cat back, but don't know yet on the headers...$$$$$$...

·
Registered
285 Posts
um...
what if I add the CAI onto my 4 cyl and stick with stock exhaust, would that gain any power at all?
mine's an auto though... :tear:

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
um...
what if I add the CAI onto my 4 cyl and stick with stock exhaust, would that gain any power at all?
mine's an auto though... :tear:
[/b]
There isn't much to add to the 4cyl that will increase power. CAI is gonna add a little but not much. Many threads about it. If you really want to add power, you're looking at adding a turbo. MrTea knows all about that. :)

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mine's also an auto...but it doesn't bother me at all...in fact i like a lot better since i have to drive a lot working and traffic is a pain where i live...but i think i'm gonna stay stock for a while and then add a CAI and a cat back system...any suggestions? Everybody i've seen has Magnaflow...what about Injen? Greddy?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts