Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wasss up ya... hey i dont really know which kind of intake should i put to mi mazda its the 2.3 v4 engine .. and i was looking up a weapon R intake i dont know if it would be good or i dont even know if it would fit mi car i just need to know which intake would be the best for mi car

·
Registered
867 Posts
A lot of the veterans here would say go with CP-E b/c thats like the top of the line. If money wasn't a concern for you it should be CP-E but if you want to get less you can get AEM or Injen

·
Registered
181 Posts
wasss up ya... hey i dont really know which kind of intake should i put to mi mazda its the 2.3 v4 engine .. and i was looking up a weapon R intake i dont know if it would be good or i dont even know if it would fit mi car i just need to know which intake would be the best for mi car
[/b]
If you're in CA go for Injen....and get the fix from CP-E.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how much money is the cpe intake and wats the difference between the cpe and AEM or injen and where could i find to buy them.. i sound like i didnt know nothing but i do now a little jaja thanks

·
Registered
867 Posts
Well let's see:
AEM: $199.95
CPE: $499.95
Injen: $199.95

*Note those prices are from therpmstore
With CP-E you get more performance gains and don't have to deal with the CEL code

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey ya thanks for the tips on the intakes .. hey just one more question .. do ya think i could make mi car fast? cuz u know is a 2.3L so i dont know i was just wondering aaight thanks to all of ya

·
Registered
867 Posts
I have another site that should give you plenty of info on: mazda6tech.
hey ya thanks for the tips on the intakes .. hey just one more question .. do ya think i could make mi car fast? cuz u know is a 2.3L so i dont know i was just wondering aaight thanks to all of ya[/b]
it's really up 2 u. If I had the I-4 I would go with turbo. But if thats too much I would start with intake/exhaust

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok so i shouls star lets say with the injen intake and the exhaust system ... would the headers be included in the exhoust system? and like u mean get the hole entire piping right

·
Registered
815 Posts
the aftermarket exhaust systems for our car are catbacks. no headers are included.

·
Registered
867 Posts
yeah they aren't included but if you want performance gains thats what you would replace is the headers. very restricting air flow there.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
how much would the cat- back exhoust would be? and like whick one would be good ( which brand)
[/b]
When it comes to our cars the only thin gyou are getting out of the exhuast is sound. not performance. In some cases Dyno's shows it lowered performance a little bit.

·
Registered
867 Posts
When it comes to our cars the only thin gyou are getting out of the exhuast is sound. not performance. In some cases Dyno's shows it lowered performance a little bit.[/b]
how is that possible that it could be worse?? never heard that, thought it would be some gain

how much would the cat- back exhoust would be? and like whick one would be good ( which brand)[/b]
Magnaflow Cat-back: around $420
Greddy EVO2 Cat-Back Exhaust: $799.95

dont see injen cat-back for 2.3L on therpmstore

as far as which is better that can be debatable on this forum try a :search: on magnaflow and others

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
how is that possible that it could be worse?? never heard that, thought it would be some gain
[/b]
Aftermarket exhausts only show gains where the factory exhaust was poorly designed. If it's well-designed, as the Mazda6's is, then there is no room for aftermarket to improve and, depending on how they design it, it may actually be less efficient (though probably not by much, if any).

Any company that's claiming gains on the Mazda6s exhaust is lying. They've all been tried and dyno-tested independently by buyers and there's been little to no measurable gains with any of them.

If you've got an i4 though, just don't get the Magnaflow. It's a good-sounding exhaust on the v6 but it sounds horrible on the i4. And that's not just my opinion, I'd say the vast majority will agree with that. Many people have bought it only to take it right back off.

·
Registered
867 Posts
wow thanks for the info. didn't know that. well good for me I have the V6 so it'll sound nice

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
so which kind of exhoust would be good for my 2.3L ?
[/b]
If I bought exhaust for MY car and it was a 2.3....I'd buy The best only because it's WAY easier to mod 4cylinders and 8cylinders compared to 6 cylinders if you really go all out on your car....I used to own a Mini Cooper and ran a 14flat 1/4 mile because I modded that thing up with good stuff. But, what everyone SEEMS to like is Magnaflow exhaust...the reason being...it's cheap...sounds decent...and is still a pretty good exhaust...but if I bought exhaust for your car..I'd buy Injen...

if you wanna read up on more stuff check out this link...there's some sound clips as well

http://www.clubatenza.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=66

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
so which kind of exhoust would be good for my 2.3L ?
[/b]
I would stick with either the Mazdaspeed. If you are up for spending alot on an axelback.

Personally though, I'd say go with the Racing Beat exhaust. If you have the sport package the nno problems. They SAY it won't fi ton the base model or base with Appearance package like I have. But there are several members on the forum with the base model or appearance package that have gotten it to fit no problem.

Thats the one I plan on going with when I decide to mess with my exhaust.

http://www.therpmstore.com/product_info.ph...products_id=123

If you want performance I'd suggest going the route with the CP-E headers

http://www.cp-e.com/2019.html

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
but i mean wat kind of exhoust would be good for mi 2.3L? i mean which one would it give the most power? aight thanks for the help everyone.... and which one is the racing beat exhoust because they told me to use the injen exhoust system so i dont know which one to go for ?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts