Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive read the stickys on intakes...... The possibale CEL that the intake may throw. Is there a way to clear/get rid of the CEL ?
I have a stock 4 cyl and wanting to get exhaust/intake........

·
Registered
815 Posts
ive had the injen intake for the 4 cyl for a while now and i havent thrown a CEL so far. i agree with dabears2k that the only way you can clear it is to unplug the battery terminal but its most likely going to come back eventually. personally i dont think the cpe for the 4 cyl is worth 500 bucks. you should be fine with the injen intake.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Do not assume that the CEL is always due to the intake. Do not clear it unless, you are absolutely sure that it is intake-related. If you want peace of mind, either invest in a scanner, get a MAFci, or get Injen+MAF Customizer.
[/b]
He has an i4. The MAF customizer doesn't work on the i4, it is only for the v6

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
He has an i4. The MAF customizer doesn't work on the i4, it is only for the v6
[/b]
You are correct, sir. Thank you.

To clarify. What I meant was that CEL management can be handled:

AJ (V6):
- Use a scanner to confirm/clear intake-related CEL
- Get a MAFci (no CEL)
- If you have Injen, get the MAF Customizer

L3 (I4):
- Use a scanner to confirm/clear intake-related CEL
- Get a MAFci

MZR DISI (turbochared I4):
- Get the Xcel kit
- Misc??? (I'll let the MS6 guys handle this)

·
Registered
412 Posts
Leave it stock! Not enough benefit on the I-4 to justify the hassles or the money. IMO
[/b]
I can second that. Just do the Airbox mod to get a better sound, and you'll be fine. The intakes for a 4 banger add what, 10hp at peak? Not enough to justify it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
Sullosar
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing