Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was getting 2 codes in my 04 MAZDA6. One was a P0328 which is knock sensor high circuit bank 1, and the other was P2004 which is intake manifold runner control stuck in open position on bank 1. So I changed the runner control valves to fix the P2004 codes. When the CEL light came back on after erasing the codes, the knock sensor code was gone but the intake code was still there. This is very weird and the runner control valves have almost nothing to do with the knock sensor. I expected it to be the other way around. Does anyone have any ideas as to why this happened?

·
Rally Racer
2,268 Posts
So I was getting 2 codes in my 04 MAZDA6. One was a P0328 which is knock sensor high circuit bank 1, and the other was P2004 which is intake manifold runner control stuck in open position on bank 1. So I changed the runner control valves to fix the P2004 codes. When the CEL light came back on after erasing the codes, the knock sensor code was gone but the intake code was still there. This is very weird and the runner control valves have almost nothing to do with the knock sensor. I expected it to be the other way around. Does anyone have any ideas as to why this happened?
Sounds like you need the factory service manual.

Maybe this link will help you out. 🤨

1 - 2 of 2 Posts