Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my six back from getting the parts prototyped and installed. Still using the factory exhast all i can say is the 6 drives like a true sports sedan...the sound is awsome nothing like a rice boy sound...has a deep grunt like sound...my friends keep saying i drive one pissed off mazda...it gained 18whp that is still with the factory exhaust and the three mufflers that come on it...but driving the 6 with just these 3 mods makes a whole difference the pull above 4500 is sick...if you dont buy these mods you never know the potential your 6 can have...the three weeks without my car was well worth it...once the exhaust gets on the pull should be even harder...i love driving my 6 now the sound the response everything about it feels like it changed...much more aggresive sound and feel !!!! the real nice thing is how unless you get into the gas its just as quiet as it is stock... much more aggresive sound and feel !!!! Props MSDS and Duratec Performance....

Oh yeah i have an automatic 6s do the gains i got vs the gains a manual will get will be different...the manual should put down really close to 200whp with 3 mods maybe even the 2 considering the manual starts a 174whp vs the automatic with 165whp...so 200whp out of just i/h/e is a Definate possibility!!!!!lucky punks...

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Reading Topic: Intake/Header Holy $%^&

Thats great to hear, do you know what kinda torque you got outta the mods? Do you have the dyno charts? You mention "3" mods, but you only have the intake and header, are you counting the y-pipe as the third?

·
Registered
1,667 Posts

SOB!!! i wish i was in Cali. i'd for a bit to have free shit too! i'd let it be tested out the ying yang!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

i am sure duratec perf. will be posting dyno charts but i'll see what i can do to get some pics on here of the header kit and charts...so if i was misleading about 3 mods i only have the header,ypipe and intake..the exhaust i hope is soon coming.....the torque went up to 177 from i think 153 but i'll double check...there is so much more pull once the variable valve timing kicks in......and off the line you definetly feel the difference...there is a little more torque steer but you should expect that with a FWD car...

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts

I imagine with an LSD slapped on it you'd take out a lot of the torque steer, is that whats next from Quaife (Nikolas?)??

·
Registered
70 Posts

twoquickm6, Is that a cold air intake or just a regular filter and pipe? I wonder how much more could be extracted by modding the muffler and, if not already installed, a CAI on your car.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Intake/Header Holy $%^&'

Colin,

A nice LSD would be good..but Quaife wont start building them until there is enough demand...basically, enough demand to build 20 at a time. So I think we (DuratecPerformance) are going to wait at least 6 months for enough Mazda6s models to be on the street before we think about doing a group buy for an LSD. A Quaife for this transaxle will be around $1000 because the volume on this part will be low, compared to the $595 price of the Ford MTX-75 part since Ford orders 5000 units a year for the Focus RS in Europe PLUS all of the other orders from private individuals for the Focus, Cougar, and Contour....

Nikolas

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts

Hmmm, perhaps we should wait a while then :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

its not a cai just a shorty...i am guessing the exhast will add any where from 5 or more whp...there are still 3 mufflers after the y pipe and they arnt small...i am haveing a muffler shop here in town (las vegas) make a mandrel bent exhast with flowmaster's hopefully this week...we are planning on using 2.5in or bigger piping...unfortunaly the dyno here cost some $ because its a private dyno not for the public so i dont know if i will be able to get the results after i put it on...but i should be able to tell by the feel if there was any more HP (at least i hope its enough to feel)...but i am also putting on an s-afc sooooon i have it, and i am just waiting for someone to get the wiring diamgram on how to install it that will add around 5 or 10 hp...and after looking at the dyno charts the rev limit could be raised a little the motor is still makeing hp when it hits the rev limiter v.s. stock it fell off 300rpm before the limiter (the car needs a chip!) ...oh well i am just excited to be added hp to the 6 it makes it feel like such a diffrent car with just the mods i have now...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

hey you in vegas yellSoIwX give me call i'll let you see everything and show how it feels after the mods 702-496-3900 my names kris

·
Registered
70 Posts

Cool! That'd be great. I haven't gotten my 6 yet so I wouldn't really be able to tell the difference. I plan on getting it within the next month or so. Would it be alright if I gave you a buzz a month or 2 down the line after I've gotten used to my 6? And, you had an Integ? Nice. That's what I'm currently driving.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts