Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone swapped out the cold air intake and cat-back exhaust on their '06? What did you use and roughly how much gain? Any improvement in mileage?

I'm considering doing this to boost up the efficiency slightly. I'm curious to know what brands other people have used, and if you feel it's worth doing. Would this void my warantee?

What other "inexpensive" (>$1000) mods would you recommend that would give me a noticable boost in power on this car?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
232 Posts
CPE Mafci definately for the cold air intake!! www.cp-e.com

For exhaust its all on preference, i have magnaflow and absolutely love it. It doesnt sound like a rice burner and is not raspy at all!

You can also invest in a short throw shifter.

I got all three of these things for about a $1000

As for performance the car was noticable faster after then install. I installed the cold air intake the same time as the exhaust! As for gas mileage it didnt seem to change that much for me i still get good gas milage.

·
Registered
867 Posts
As for performance the car was noticable faster after then install. I installed the cold air intake the same time as the exhaust! As for gas mileage it didnt seem to change that much for me i still get good gas milage.
[/b]
wow thats cool that must have sounded a lot nicer than before since doing 2 mods at same time.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I have the CPE and Injens for my exhaust and I love the sound, not ricerish at all and very deep, low rumble.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I have the AEM CAI and Racing Beat exhaust. The CP-E CAI kit with the MAF signal modifier is the premium way to go if you have the bucks ($540ish), but the AEM still gives a great improvement over stock (for around $230). I've had mine on for over 2 years. It has never set a CEL. I like my Racing Beat exhaust because it has a good, mellow sound and it looks good. :yesnod:

[attachmentid=15735][attachmentid=15734]

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
As for the warentee part. The dealer says it would only be voided if the problems came directly from the CAI or exhaust. Your pretty much ok with this. Headers are a different story, you will not be backed unless you swap it out back to stock before you take it in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts