Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey so i'm most likely getting a speed6 in the next month. I'm just curious though, what are insurance rates like on speed6's? i realize that because the word speed in the name and the turbocharger, it's probably going to be a bit higher than average, but it's also a 4 door sedan so i can't imagine it being too ridiculous.

so what is your age, driving record and insurance rate?

thanks
kaiser

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
I don't mean to intercede here, but it does not help telling us how much you pay, and your Age....

You should put your region, what plans do you have?..is your deductable high? what do you only really need to insure the vehicle...

Telling someone just age and how much you pay is very vague to give you any assistance Thanks ^_^

·
Registered
249 Posts
Southern Ontario - 26 - FULL Coverage - $1500/yr

best part is... if, for any reason my car gets totaled... for the first 2 years, i get full value on the car.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I pay just under $100 per month with a $500 deductible. 26, male, car is insured at my permanent residence in Syracuse, NY.

$592.00

·
Registered
106 Posts
28, clean record, multi car, ect ect. Don't know the exact rate cause the wife takes care of that shit, but it only went up $10 a month from what we where paying for a 98 Jeep.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
i have a 06, live in long island, ny which has one of the highest insurance rates in the country. i pay 2800 a year. full coverage, glass, rental, 500 deduct. 100/300 on everything. oh and this is liberty mutual, which tends to be high, but when you need them they are there and dont try to f*^& you. d

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
I pay just under $100 per month with a $500 deductible. 26, male, car is insured at my permanent residence in Syracuse, NY.

$592.00
[/b]

Now that shit helps THANKS!!!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
28, clean record, multi car, ect ect. Don't know the exact rate cause the wife takes care of that shit, but it only went up $10 a month from what we where paying for a 98 Jeep.
[/b]
I actually think facts like that helps even more than other people giving me 100 details. I'm not so much trying to figure out the exact rate i'll pay but trying to figure out the rate compared to other cars and if it's only 10 bucks more than an 8 year old jeep then i'm guessing that rates are pretty reasonable for on speed6's vs other cars.

So if anyone else can give me details like this is would be helpful. I guess the new question is, what was your old car and what is the difference in insurance between it and the speed6?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I had a mazda3 hatch prior to my speed6 and my rates were the same.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Why worry about what other people pay? You are getting insurance for yourself.

Many of the insurance sites will give you quotes in 30 seconds.

I got quotes from 4 companies in 30 minutes, one of them listed 6 different carriers.

Shop around.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Hey so i'm most likely getting a speed6 in the next month. I'm just curious though, what are insurance rates like on speed6's? i realize that because the word speed in the name and the turbocharger, it's probably going to be a bit higher than average, but it's also a 4 door sedan so i can't imagine it being too ridiculous.

so what is your age, driving record and insurance rate?

thanks
kaiser
[/b]
AIG Insurance, 500 deductible, 50/100 coverages + PIP, clean driving record, runs me $363 for 6 months for my car. One comment is that my rate is a bit skewed as my wife has 2 tickets which affects my rate as well being she's insured to drive my car like I am her's on the same policy...

·
Registered
393 Posts
It's only a couple bucks more a month than my '04 Explorer

28, Married, Multicar, Multiline, clean record, etc. ~$75/month Twin Cities, MN $250 deductable, full coverage

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I had a mazda3 hatch prior to my speed6 and my rates were the same.
[/b]
Wow, that's really surprising that a cheaper, slower hatchback is the same to insure as a much faster and more expensive sport sedan.

·
Registered
121 Posts
my insurance views it as a regular 6, and that is what the dealer sent them too so yeah pretty inexpensive. Should be pretty inexpensive.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
my insurance views it as a regular 6, and that is what the dealer sent them too so yeah pretty inexpensive. Should be pretty inexpensive.
[/b]
SO what happens when you go to get something fixed that isn't warranty and they realize it isn't exactly a normal 6?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Okay i just checked with my family's insurance company and after hearing all of your rates for a speed6 i'm wicked pissed.

So right now we insure 4 cars, '02 bmw x5 v6, '05 bmw x3 v6, '05 bmw 545i and a ford f150 lariat super crew.

We insure 4 drivers, my 20 year old sister, myself, my mom and my dad and we are all ticket free with the exception of my dad who has 1 ticket for driving in a bus lane.

right now our rate is about 1500 dollars a month. My insurance company is trying to tell me that in order to add the speed6, our insurance would go up by 1400 dollars!

This is ridiculous, i mean sure, it's a fast car with speed in the name, but should it really cost just as much to insure this $30k fast car as it does to insure about $175 of other cars?

Anyone in Colorado want to suggest an insurance company that won't try and rape me up the ass?

Oh yeah the biggest joke of all is that if i wanted to insure the car on my own plan separate from my family they wanted to charge

drumroll please....

8 grand!..... i'm just a little pissed right now.

1 - 20 of 156 Posts