Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PPLe, need you all in this matter. Just got my VIN, and my car would be arriving mid June on schedule . Only thing is that I am shopping for insurance. Price is one thing but I have heard plenty e.g. how AAMI insists on repairing using second hand and generic parts etc. etc. etc. Oh BTW I m based in Melb....so to those of you who have made claims etc. before , what dont you like abt your insurance company, what do I need to watch out for? :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Insurance Companies'

I just took out insurance with AAMI on my 6 on Thursday. It cost me $656, I also have rating one protection which cost another $40, so $696 isn't bad.

I priced a few other insurance companies. They were well over $1100, some were even over $1400.

I suppose in the end, it all depends on what postcode you live in and of course what rating you have.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Reading Topic: Insurance Companies

I have been with AAMI for years (rating for life) and I've been involved in a few not a fault accidents, the service and repairs were good.

As for them using secondhand/recon parts that is normal practice with any panel beater regardless what they tell you,..AAMI only uses brand-new parts for any car still under factory warranty and all repairs are guaranteed for life..

So with all that said, I think they are pretty good;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts