Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 6 weeks ago a tree branch fell on my car and beat up my hatch and rear end. Now, insurance covered all the repairs for it and I got it back yesterday. Now the controls for the sunroof don't work properly. The body shop claims they didn't work on the sunroof at all and the controls must have been damaged by the tree limb. The insurance company wants me to take the car to another shop and get them to put it in writing that it was caused by the tree limb. Every place I have called around here says that they can't do that. Is there anything I can do to get this fixed? It all worked right before a tree fell on it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i second that one. take it to a dealership. make sure all the paper work for the roof repair is with you. and if its found the bodyshop did something, i would go speak to the manager of the body shop.
[/b]
Both dealerships said that they could tell me what is wrong with it, but not the why. But one bodyshop since has said that I might just have to reprogram the controls for the sunroof. So, I'll have to see if I can find any information about it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
think i would chase the body shop...because if it worked before, and now it doesn't...they need to fess up to it.
[/b]
They said they didn't touch it and I can't prove that they did anything. It worked before the tree limb hit the car and didn't after I picked it up. So, it may have been because of the tree limb. I just find it ridiculous that the shop would not have checked the sunroof when the roof was damaged. Maybe its something I should have though of.

Failure to perform work in a workmanlike manner.[/b]
Pretty much how I've felt.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
as said, i would take it up with a manager. start getting angry, sometimes thats the only way they'll listen. just watch your profanity. that tends to get you nowhere. ;)
[/b]
I'll have to give it a shot. Thanks for the advice guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
4 Participants
exharrison
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing