Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally!! the 6's are starting to show up in Vancouver, canada. I just sat in one at a local dealership and noticed when looking at the instrument gauges they can be slightly obstructed by the steering wheel. I tried adjusting the seat and steering wheel etc... but it almost appears like the gauges are too big and the steering wheel obstructs some of the edges...

anybody else notice that???:(

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Reading Topic: Instrument panel..obstructed view??

If you are tall, put the seat at the uppermost position and the steering wheel at its lowest point...no doubt there will be such an obstruction. But as AJ said: not worse than in anything else...and no problem.

·
Registered
322 Posts

I just raised the steering wheel a bit so the top part doesn't obscure the speedo... all the other instruments I can see fine it was just the 80-120km/h that I couldn't see without raising the wheel... wasn't a problem :)

·
Registered
980 Posts

how does the optitron gauges look...do they look good while driving at night? can anyone post pics?

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Do a search...I know we have pics of the optitrons floating around this board.

·
Registered
980 Posts

applejax do you have any suggestions on what i should search for because i cant seem to find the thread

·
Registered
1,330 Posts

i really love the optitron gauges...there are pictures floating around in these forums. I really like the red (like Audi); and at night it looks beautiful. Suprisingly, i find it pretty easy on the eyes too. The only thing that kinda jumps out is the red display reflects off the drive side window, and the center stack display reflects off the windshield, but it's something i've gotten used to and doesn't really bother me at all anymore.

-yasir

·
Registered
878 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Instrument panel..obstructed view??'

Originally posted by chindo

applejax do you have any suggestions on what i should search for because i cant seem to find the thread[/b]
Here

·
Registered
1,016 Posts

I like the steering wheel obstructing my view. I adjusted it so it blocks out the totally annoying bright green headlamp indicator. If you tilt it just right it even hides the bright orange cruise control light for you.

I did get used to the glare on the windshield as well. Never noticed it reflecting off the door, I keep the display turned all the way down, so that may be the solution.

For the most part I don't look at the dash all that much anyway....when I hit the speed limiter I know its time to slow down :)

·
Registered
980 Posts

Originally posted by meat6

applejax do you have any suggestions on what i should search for because i cant seem to find the thread[/b]
Here[/b][/quote]
sorry i dont understand...what do you mean by "Here" should i use that as the search topic

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Here[/b][/quote]
sorry i dont understand...what do you mean by "Here" should i use that as the search topic[/b][/quote]

Here was posted as a link to a thread for you on the optitrons.

Links show up as super-bolded, not to be confused with standard bold. When you see something super-bolded, you know you can click on it and go somewhere else.

·
Registered
980 Posts

Originally posted by applejax

Here[/b][/quote]
sorry i dont understand...what do you mean by "Here" should i use that as the search topic[/b][/quote]

Here was posted as a link to a thread for you on the optitrons.

Links show up as super-bolded, not to be confused with standard bold. When you see something super-bolded, you know you can click on it and go somewhere else.[/b][/quote]
oooops :p thanx for the heads up but i found it anyways :cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm buying a 6 this month and another thing I notice is that the view out the windscreen is significantly obstructed by the Smart City Brake Support, Forward Obstruction Warning, and other sensors that are mounted above the rearview mirror. I'm tall (6'4") but this vision obstruction is significant enough that I'm purchasing a Touring to avoid these compromises to safety. (Funny that they're marketed as safety enhancements.)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts