Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My instrument cluster is just lighting up but none of the guages are working....even the milage is showing but its stuck on one reading(total mileage) but the trip is stick on 0.Another problem neither the key nor button on stop light is opening the trunk not sure if its related....and also horn is not working

·
Registered
1 Posts
Maybe check the fuses and cable connections.

I had a similar issue once and it turns out my cable connection on the Body Control Module was corroded, cleaned it with an electrical contact cleaner and it's been working fine.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe check the fuses and cable connections.

I had a similar issue once and it turns out my cable connection on the Body Control Module was corroded, cleaned it with an electrical contact cleaner and it's been working fine.

Hope this helps.
Well all cables seem new and intact but maybe a bit of history might help.Bought this car from japan (used but still new) and it came with only 1 smart key,so i lost the single recognised key i had and called some guys who did a shitty job and the car got to a stage where it could not be programmed. It went for months parked with different dealers trying to get the car accept communication between the car and obd scanner but to no avail.Then a similar car had an accident and we removed the ecu,bcm,ignition lock and keyless entry module and we fitted it on my car,fortunately we got it to start(we still cant get it to communicate with obd2 but its powering up)Now the car works everything but the cluster,horn and boot are non responsive(all fuses and relays are good)....hope I made it clear,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts