Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello so i just bought this mazda 6 2003 1.8. it haves this wierd problem with some of the ''backlights''? of the instrument cluster and steering wheels buttons etc.
even tho i turn on the lights my instrument cluster doesnt light up,it works fine otherwise but the orange backlighting doesnt turn on straight away.yesterday i drove like 10km from starting the car and it lighted up. sometimes the backround lighting turns on faster sometimes not. if i shutdown the car and start it like after 10mins the cluster is dark again.

· Registered
8,107 Posts
Wiggle/twist the brightness switch, it should be on dash nearest the door, or a stalk on the cluster itself.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wiggle/twist the brightness switch, it should be on dash nearest the door, or a stalk on the cluster itself.
might it have something to do with the brightness switch? i have tried to adjust the brightness but atleast that doesnt do anything. im gonna try to take out the switch and see if there is something wrong with the plug

· Registered
56 Posts
use some clear silicone where the grommet and metal contact.
Don’t. Silicone sealants give off acetic acid and will start corrosion in the sheet metal. Use something like Sikaflex or Lexel (there’s dozens of others) or any flexible sealant that’s not water soluble when cured and doesn’t have any corrosive components.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
anyone have any idea what can cause this cluster/radio etc backlighting/illumination not working? i have been doing some reading and think it might be the light control module but where would that be located? in the glove box?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts