Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is the turbo spool-up on the MS6 so muted? Hell, our old 'Cedes 300 SEL turbodiesel has more turbo sound than this car :)

Seriously, It's not a complaint, just a question to learn what I can do to get even a bit more boost sound without major mods to the motor or intake/exhaust.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
134 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
451 Posts
Thanks for the links, how hard is installation? Backyard or shop?
[/b]

i have yet to get one, but from what i hear it's pretty straightforward. I would say backyard!!

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have yet to get one, but from what i hear it's pretty straightforward. I would say backyard!!
[/b]
thanks, the shadetree is ready :) before I consider this, does anyone know for certain? I don't to end up in the garage with a dismantled intake system going "holy-sh.." ;)

thanks

definately take the silencer out at the very least.
[/b]
where is that located and how do I do it? I'm sure it's already on this board, I'd just prefer to not browse hundreds(thousands?) of topics looking for it if someone knows offhand and can give me a quick answer.

thanks

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
the intake is pretty easy. if you search, you'll find posts on each of the brands. for me the hardest part was removing the resonator box. another poster pointed out that by removing the fog light housing even that's easy. it should take less than an hour.

i haven't tried the BOV yet.

·
Registered
252 Posts
thanks, the shadetree is ready :) before I consider this, does anyone know for certain? I don't to end up in the garage with a dismantled intake system going "holy-sh.." ;)

[/b]

With the CP-e instructions its a super easy install, I did it in my garage in like 45 min.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Alan/Spooner, thanks for the input, 45 minutes sounds easy. Might give me something to do after Texas whips up on Ohio State Saturday :) Assuming I can get one shipped that fast!

Thanks guys, Go Horns!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts