Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Basically I am looking to purchase one this week and just want some feedback? Can you give the name of the B/C? whether it's electric or manual? If electric how is it setup on the settings?

·
Registered
795 Posts
Basically I am looking to purchase one this week and just want some feedback? Can you give the name of the B/C? whether it's electric or manual? If electric how is it setup on the settings?
[/b]
u can go with the turbosmart one, i have it and it works great!!

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have one of those on my TT Mustang and it works great. I was talking to Scott Seigal (Subaru fame) and he seemed to think it would work great too (and half the price of an electronic one). But one of his Mechanic seemed to think an Electronic one would be better. He mentioned about possibly being able to program it for better response and play around with it based off of engine load, gear selection, RPM based..ect! Now I am just getting confused on which way to proceed. I wouldn't be so nervous about it but this is my daily driver and I want reliability, but a little extra oooph! I just want to hold 15-16psi to redline at 6500rpm.

·
Registered
987 Posts
From what I've been reading on these forums, and hearing from other people, electronic controllers are accurate and have more eye candy than manual. But, if I were to get one it would be a manual for now. Main thing being, if anything were to go wrong (my fault or not) I want to be able to get it out quickly and easily. Just don't treat the manual controller like your first girlfriends' nipples and break something :nono:

·
Registered
856 Posts
I've got a Greddy Profec B-Spec 2 going on within the next couple of weeks.

What do you Profec guys have these set at? I saw it in another thread a while back.

·
Registered
154 Posts
AEM True-Boost going on in 3 weeks. Out of town now, as soon as I get back to PA from Fort-Worth.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
I have one of those on my TT Mustang and it works great. I was talking to Scott Seigal (Subaru fame) and he seemed to think it would work great too (and half the price of an electronic one). But one of his Mechanic seemed to think an Electronic one would be better. He mentioned about possibly being able to program it for better response and play around with it based off of engine load, gear selection, RPM based..ect! Now I am just getting confused on which way to proceed. I wouldn't be so nervous about it but this is my daily driver and I want reliability, but a little extra oooph! I just want to hold 15-16psi to redline at 6500rpm.
[/b]
When you get this setup. Want another rematch? :D

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
[/b]

Another PM sent

·
Registered
788 Posts
Does anyone else have the AVC-R. Just wondering what settings someone else is using...

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for replying everyone. So now that some of you guys have installed one give me your impressions. I have Scott Seigal (Seigal Racing WRX fame) on board with me to do some testing, but I need some details of how your controller is set up if electric and how is the ECU/engine responding.

He wants to be able to log some timing to see if the ECU/Engine is liking the extra boost out to redline. Does the Auto Enginuity thing everyone is talking about data log? I know P5freak has had good results with his Manual boost controller, but he really does not know what is going on inside the engine. I think Scott wants to take a conservative aproach and sneak up on boost so-to-speak. Just give me some insight please?

·
Registered
856 Posts
Thanks for replying everyone. So now that some of you guys have installed one give me your impressions. I have Scott Seigal (Seigal Racing WRX fame) on board with me to do some testing, but I need some details of how your controller is set up if electric and how is the ECU/engine responding.

He wants to be able to log some timing to see if the ECU/Engine is liking the extra boost out to redline. Does the Auto Enginuity thing everyone is talking about data log? I know P5freak has had good results with his Manual boost controller, but he really does not know what is going on inside the engine. I think Scott wants to take a conservative aproach and sneak up on boost so-to-speak. Just give me some insight please?
[/b]
Yes, AutoEnginuity has datalogging.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How much are those things again? And I was reading somewhere is there a special Mazdaspeed6 program or cable or something. Thats what a few guys are using correct?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
With the AutoEnginuity OBD-II scanner/logger it comes stock with a handfull of the basic sensors enabled. If you purchase the Mazda enhanced version you gain access to every Mazda specific sensor onboard.

I believe there is something cooking at the StreetUnit thread as far as pricing goes.

EDIT: This is the StreetUnit thread

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'm running the Perrin MBC set at 16psi to redline and simply love it. Not to sure what it's doing to the engine, but it pulls like a bat outta hell all the way to 7k. Which I have to thanks Wiggum for making me try out!!!! lol

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
I'm running the Perrin MBC set at 16psi to redline and simply love it. Not to sure what it's doing to the engine, but it pulls like a bat outta hell all the way to 7k. Which I have to thanks Wiggum for making me try out!!!! lol
[/b]
No way, i don't recommend that turbo beating... :nana:

As far as DataLogging, it doesn't get any better than the AutoEnginuity unit, and it doesn't get any cheaper than the StreetUnit price this week...

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
Well I will follow the leader (Wiggum) and try it out too. :D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts