Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everybody, i got my windows tinted on thursday by Instant Tinting in Melbourne. Although they did do a presumably 'good' job, there are some things about tinting i want to confirm with the people of the Forum.
Firstly, i've been told to not wind down the windows for 48 hours. Is that minimum, cos my friend has told me to not do so for 4 days! Which should i believe?
Secondly, i've also been told to not wash the windows for a month after the tinting. What do u think they mean by that? Cos they didnt explain it very clearly. I shouldn't use soap or other ingredients to wash the windows in that time period? Or is it i am not allowed to wash the window, fullstop, which includes with just the use of water?

thanks for the help!

·
Registered
922 Posts
Reading Topic: Instant Window Tinting

Hey Alex,

I've tinted the windows of every car i've had....Firstly! normally its 24hours before you can open the windows, so 48hours will be fine! no need to wait any longer.

Secondly about washing the windows, they are refering to the inside of the window and you shouldnt use anything on the tint for atleast a month....there will be no need to anyways...washing the outside of the car and windows is fine though...

hope that helps ;)

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Need for inside washing is dermined by how much you sneeze. At a certain goo level on the windows, you must clean :p

·
Registered
376 Posts

Blackbird, you are lucky to be a mod, or else i am sure Kincaid would not like this... ;)

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Well... It's a dirty job but someone got to do it :D

And by the way - do you really think my post will stop him from posting? ;)

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Nothing yet. I begin to worry about his health :)

And no pics either. Alexchu.. you know the rules. No pics - no ...di ..... li... ehh ... dinner for you tomorrow!!! :D

Amazing how few words there are that rime with pics and that are not obscene :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts