Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thursday my new AWR Radi is getting here thursday to replace the one that has been sitting cracked for 2 weeks :nono: naughty bad drain plug.

I have been digging looking for any more info on how to install the radiator, found a good start for getting at it here: http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=43123
but it still falls short of what to do once the old is out andthe new needs to get hooked up.

Plus, I remember a radiator hanging from a hood... :huh: :laugh: anyone know where that post is?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, me and Bigbaddad got it in today, things i can suggest.

Take your time, give your self a lot of it.

do all your prep work:
if you have the ATX have some extra trany fluid on hand.
Folow this: http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?showtopic=43123&hl
it helps alot. do it the night before, take a break. finish it the next day.

Get a buddy, preferably someone who knows their sh!t ! i was lucky to have Bigbaddad around, thanks again bra!

Take everything off. just start with the tubes connecting to the old Radi, channel locks or vise grips are key.

don't freak out when it does not fit, it may take a bit of CAREFUL tweaking, keep calm.

Double check everything, it it don't fit look around.

if you have questions, PM me, i'll try to help!

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Any pics?
[/b]
:laugh: , ah man, I could, but you really cant see it. The air conditoner condencer covers most of it up... ah it was a really beautiful part though!

so i had a secondary Temp gauge... not much use anymore... mind you i have not run the car hard yet but i am running mostly water, a 160* T-stat, purple ice... looking forward to try to get the car hot...

now i just need to fix my busted rear endlinks... :tear: till then i will not be pushing too hard.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
6 Participants
Cynt
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing