Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got my leather interior from leatherseats.com about a month ago. I havent had time to install it, but with the winter break coming up... I might actually have some time. Anyway, I live in Round Rock Texas, next to Austin. Does anyone know or recommend places to install it, any price guestamates? I was planning on doing it myself, anyone have any opinions on doing it myself, suggestions?

If I did install it myself I would like to get the door leather covers installed professionally since I heard they are really difficult to work with, anyone have places to get that done at?

Thanks guys!!! :)

·
Registered
444 Posts
well... it suggest u do it yourself. it is not hard... just time consuming.

it took me 24h. 6h/day for 4 days. but im sure most of you can do it faster than that. Say 12h.

i got a quote for a local store in Canada for about 750CND = 680USD

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
I'm doing mines right now. Since it already has leather in it, there are some pieces that I don't need to change, like the rear seat armrest / cup holder, and headrests.
It's not as easy as I thought it was gonna be. I did the 60% side of the 60 / 40 split rear seat the other day, and it took the better part of 5 hours to complete.
But the other 40% side went a lot faster.
Someone said that my 5 door rear seats were gonna be a little more difficult than the 4 doors.
Anywayz, I'm gonna continue on this weekend with the front seats, and save the door panels for last.
This is a very good kit!!!!!

---Aloha

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
You can do it. Just follow Sigma's write-up, and take your time. It's actually kinda fun, and it'll help tons if you have someone to help you. However, I would suggest you get the doorpanels done somewhere. I've done mine twice now and they still look like shit.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
MazdaDucky, here's a fey pics of my progress so far:

View from drivers side front (not done yet)
[attachmentid=17501]

Passenger front seat
[attachmentid=17502]

Rear seats
[attachmentid=17503]

Like I said earlier, door panels will be last.

---Aloha

Attachments

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
MazdaDucky, here's a fey pics of my progress so far:

View from drivers side front (not done yet)
[attachmentid=17501]

Passenger front seat
[attachmentid=17502]

Rear seats
[attachmentid=17503]

Like I said earlier, door panels will be last.

---Aloha
[/b]
man there are quite a few wrinkles in there hopefully they go away when the car is in the sun.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
man there are quite a few wrinkles in there hopefully they go away when the car is in the sun.
[/b]
I asked Bill over a leatherseats.com about that, and that's wat he said.
The covers need to break in, and that happens over time...in the sun.
But for now, I'm really liking the new look the interior is changing into.

---Aloha

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all of the replys. I got two-toned tan w/ red insert. They look really nice. Maybe I will be the first girl to install leather seats on her own! lol. I will post pics as soon as I can.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
You go Girl!

---Aloha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts