Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright well I came across a great deal on ms springs from none other than a forum member! So im buyin them and I wanted to know, if I have someone else aside from Mazda install them does it void any part of my warranty!? Because I called my Mazda dealer cold call, without my hook up and they are sayin for labor alone its 845 bucks! :nono: That in my opinion is HWY ROBBERY! SOOOO, I was wondering if anyone knew if I did the install elsewhere to save 600 bucks if not more if it voids any part of my warranty? I have yet to ask my hook up at Mazda, as I will see him tomorrow and ask him then, but anyone know? Thanks!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Alright well I came across a great deal on ms springs from none other than a forum member! So im buyin them and I wanted to know, if I have someone else aside from Mazda install them does it void any part of my warranty!? Because I called my Mazda dealer cold call, without my hook up and they are sayin for labor alone its 845 bucks! :nono: That in my opinion is HWY ROBBERY! SOOOO, I was wondering if anyone knew if I did the install elsewhere to save 600 bucks if not more if it voids any part of my warranty? I have yet to ask my hook up at Mazda, as I will see him tomorrow and ask him then, but anyone know? Thanks!
[/b]
hey there
I myself wanna get a set...I live in Canada btw
anyway the dealer quote me 726 or something for the springs and installation
which dealership did you get your quote? 845 for installation alone, you can shove a poo in their face i tell ya

·
Registered
64 Posts
http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/speedDispl...mp;categoryId=4

Green Warranty
MAZDASPEED "Green" Performance Accessories must be specifically approved by Mazda for their particular application. These parts are warranted for the first 12-months/12,000 miles from the date of purchase, excluding labor.

no it doesnt have to be installed by mazda. i did them myself and just kept the receipt with the date one it and wrote the miles. i highly doubt you'll need to claim warranty for springs, very small chance the actual springs will fail. what you have to worry about is your shocks if they're stock because those will not be under warranty. get koni yellows from therpmstore.com

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/speedDispl...mp;categoryId=4

Green Warranty
MAZDASPEED "Green" Performance Accessories must be specifically approved by Mazda for their particular application. These parts are warranted for the first 12-months/12,000 miles from the date of purchase, excluding labor.

no it doesnt have to be installed by mazda. i did them myself and just kept the receipt with the date one it and wrote the miles. i highly doubt you'll need to claim warranty for springs, very small chance the actual springs will fail. what you have to worry about is your shocks if they're stock because those will not be under warranty. get koni yellows from therpmstore.com
[/b]
Thanks so much for the info!! Incredibly helpful! Good looking out!!! I guess imma get me some Mazdaspeed springs. And well as far as the shocks go, has anyone done this mod without swapping the shocks? How bad does the ride get? And what shocks are used on the mazdaspeed6? Is there a way to get those? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Thanks so much for the info!! Incredibly helpful! Good looking out!!! I guess imma get me some Mazdaspeed springs. And well as far as the shocks go, has anyone done this mod without swapping the shocks? How bad does the ride get? And what shocks are used on the mazdaspeed6? Is there a way to get those? Thanks!
[/b]
just got mine installed last week w/ stock shocks, ride is still great... these springs were made to go with stock shocks....you will eventually have to replace them... i myself am saving up for Koni Yellows for the spring :)

stay away from the dealer, mine wanted $675 + $70 for alignment, i found a local tuner shop 15 min from my house and had them done there.....

you are gonna luv the drop :) i got a thread with pics in the Suspension section....

Good Luck

:drive:

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Got my springs on at the dealer for around $550 with alignment. I looked at other shops, Meinike(sp), Big O Tyre, brakes Plus and they either had similar prices or said they don't install lowering springs.

If you have the tools and confidence you can install it, do it yourself. Otherwise, hand it over to a pro. Either way, you have to pay for an alignment.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I installed them myself at about 13k miles on OEM shocks. The ride is great. The install is extremely easy and cost me 35 bucks (the cost to have a shop place the front springs on the front struts). I highly recommend doing it yourself. :)

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea Im just going back to my ol pal at Olympic Car and Audio, he is gonna go the install for about 100 bucks, I do have only the stock shocks So I should be ok? But DAMN, yesterday I had the time of my life swapping the light bulbs and fog lights, and my car is already low, I cant believe this would drop it even more! Now im afraid to tear up the damn car! LOL

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Holy shit, $500 and up to install springs, man those guys are criminals! It's not a big deal at all, what kind of labor rate is that?!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Holy shit, $500 and up to install springs, man those guys are criminals! It's not a big deal at all, what kind of labor rate is that?!
[/b]
thats what i was thinking 800 plus to install springs that is rediculous.

·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,573 Posts
I have a buddy who used to work on my last car all the time. He told me 3hrs. installation for the springs, and he'd charge me $225 to do it. I am gonna do it in the spring time prolly.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I just want to restate this:

The install is VERY easy to do. If you do it yourself...you save big $$$$$$$$$$$

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just want to restate this:

The install is VERY easy to do. If you do it yourself...you save big $$$$$$$$$$$
[/b]

Well I know I could easily swap the rear ones with no problem but for the front springs isnt some kind of compressor needed?

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
ya dude im in the same situation as you. Ive heard of people swapping the back their selves, then driving to a local shopp and getting it compressed aligned ect for 100 bucks whcih isnt to harsh considereing it will save you at least 2 hours for the front if youve never done it before. Idk what im gonna do yet, mine are still coming, im for sure installing back my self, but i need to find someone with an air compressor so the install could be REALLY easy like 30 minutes or less for the front.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Alright so i got my ms springs installed car looks and feels great! However question, when it comes to the alignment there was a mazdaspeed spec sheet that states the alignment specs the car needs to be at. But um, the alignment place i took it to that has the laser alignment said they cant match those numbers, they can only do what the computer tells them! Is that ok? Should be right?

·
Registered
544 Posts
hey there
I myself wanna get a set...I live in Canada btw
anyway the dealer quote me 726 or something for the springs and installation
which dealership did you get your quote? 845 for installation alone, you can shove a poo in their face i tell ya
[/b]

My dealer did my for 330.

·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,573 Posts
I'm having my springs and my sway bars changed out. The springs will be the MS hatch springs, the sway bars Racing Beat. My shop's going to charge me something like $300 for the swap including alignment.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts