Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hmn, I was thinking about installing LEDs on the door handles. The new BMW 3-series have lights that shine towards the floor when you unlock the car. Does anybody know how I would go about doing that? I figure you would have to drill holes in your doors to run the wires through.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I doubt you'll have to drill holes for wiring, since most cars today have some sort of wiring already installed in the doors. Just run them with exisiting wiring. :thumbup:

Have you purchased these door handle LED's yet and if so where???

Also, if and when you get them installed, could you take a picture of the effect??? That way I can see if it's worth the trouble.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Hmn, I was thinking about installing LEDs on the door handles. The new BMW 3-series have lights that shine towards the floor when you unlock the car. Does anybody know how I would go about doing that? I figure you would have to drill holes in your doors to run the wires through.
[/b]
I think you are talking about the ourside door handle but not sure. I think it would be easier to to under the mirrors, if you are talking about the outside

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I think you are talking about the ourside door handle but not sure. I think it would be easier to to under the mirrors, if you are talking about the outside
[/b]

I believe he is talking bout the outside.. I was gonna do this on my last car but never got around to getting the LED's.. I was gonna have it wired up so that when I disarmed my alarm they would come on and stay on for 10secs or until I opened the door.. You can get a kit on ebay for like $25-$30

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.