Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.

my new wheels and tires arrived this weekend and i am running into a bit of a problem.
the blue anondized hubcentric rings that were supplied are a very very tight fit...so much so that i will probably need a mallet to get them into the wheels.

i popped off a wheel on the car, and the rings slid right onto the hub, snuggly, but definitely the right size.

any suggestions as to how i should get the rings in without deforming them? i am guessing rubber mallet or something.

also, ill be looking for aftermarket lugs in the dc area sometime soon if anyone knows a good merchant

pics of the wheels coming later this week

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
You might be able to just slip the ring onto the hub of the car, then put the wheel over it and tighten the lug nuts until the wheel is on all the way. I don't think the rings should be that tight, not sure though.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i thought about doing that, im just worried that if i did, i could end up crushing the edges of the ring etc.

ive only unpackaged one of the wheels so far, so it could just be a milling tolerance that is missing by a thousandth or two...

guess ive got something to do for the next 10 minutes...unwrap wheels, lol

·
Registered
358 Posts
Should not be tight at all. Call the place where you got them. Seem incorrect size. These are measured in metric.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i tried to pop together any combination of the rings and rims, and none worked. it really is too tight to seem correct...guess im calling tomorrow to try and get a proper set. at least theyre aluminum and not plastic.

on the plus side, the wheels were devoid of flaking or bad paint...a surprise at 130 bucks a pop, lol. there were some weights tacked on, but im ok with that for the price.

the snow tires look great, snowflake rated, and ready for some drifting fun in syracuse.

·
Registered
815 Posts
ive heard of ppl putting just a little bit of grease on the outside of the ring and using a rubber mallet to slide it into the wheel. just throwing this idea out there.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i guess i'll have to do that if the rings turn out to be the proper ones. i am not scared off by a super tight fit, i just want to know if it is actually supposed to fit, lol.

now, getting a mallet to fit in these backside deep dish wheels, well that'll be another thread hehe

·
Registered
815 Posts
yeah some rings will be a tight fit. thats how the rings are for my brothers rims

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah some rings will be a tight fit. thats how the rings are for my brothers rims [/b]

called the owner of the company, he says that the rings should be very tight. some grease and a rubber mallet will do it.

he also offered to host some pics of my car on his site for advertising etc. thought that was pretty cool, even if it's just easy advertising for him, lol

·
Registered
110 Posts
You might try freezing the rings. The rings may shrink enough to fit easier. Probaably have to pull one ring out of the freezer at time.

Keith_MS6

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You might try freezing the rings. The rings may shrink enough to fit easier. Probaably have to pull one ring out of the freezer at time.

Keith_MS6 [/b]

that'll certainly be easier than trying to fit the rim in the oven :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts