Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I want to install HID's in my 2015 Mazda 6 touring. Do I need only new bulbs or do I need to buy the whole kit with ballasts and everything?

·
Registered
86 Posts
@JesseL, you will need a whole HID kit.

I used this on my 2015 iTouring:
Amazon.com: HID Xenon DC Headlight "Slim" Conversion Kit by SDX, H11, 6000K: Automotive

Even though it says on Amazon that it does not fit, it WILL fit. Plug and play.

Also there are 3 ways to install: via wheel wells, dropping the bumper, or removing the airbox cover.

I felt it was easiest to remove the airbox cover.

You can look on my "MAKO" thread for steps here:http://forum.mazda6club.com/picture-videos/309978-6feetdeeps-mako-2015-mazda-6-a.html

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@JesseL, you will need a whole HID kit.

I used this on my 2015 iTouring:
Amazon.com: HID Xenon DC Headlight "Slim" Conversion Kit by SDX, H11, 6000K: Automotive

Even though it says on Amazon that it does not fit, it WILL fit. Plug and play.

Also there are 3 ways to install: via wheel wells, dropping the bumper, or removing the airbox cover.

I felt it was easiest to remove the airbox cover.

You can look on my "MAKO" thread for steps here:http://forum.mazda6club.com/picture-videos/309978-6feetdeeps-mako-2015-mazda-6-a.html
Thanks @6FeetDeep, so for the size I choose H11? Did you get bi xenon or single beam, stock projectors handles them well?

·
Registered
86 Posts
@JesseL, you will need H11 for your low beam. It is a single beam. Stock projectors handle them fine by focusing the beam.

I will be upgrading the High Beam/DRL with a halogen bulb. No need to HIDs in the High Beam since the kit is already plenty bright.

If you upgrade to a different kit, you can always move this one to the OEM factory foglights which also uses an H11 bulb.

All bulbs for the Gen 3 can be found here: http://forum.mazda6club.com/electrical/259520-all-3rd-generation-bulb-s.html

·
Registered
194 Posts
good luck. I guess 6feetdeep has been using that kit without problems so hope its good! i dont know much about it. a lot of people use DDM tuning's kit, which is also super cheap but good too. good luck!

its a super simple install. if you go with 55w, i recommend you to get a harness

·
Registered
86 Posts
FYI: The SDX kit was shipped to me from Kensun. Proof can be provided if needed.

Although it is a different kit. Same distributor with same customer service support. They emailed me to make sure everything was doing ok upon install. Thumbs up for Kensun.

Can't go wrong with any of the above choices.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I only had to move the fuse box a little to the left on the2015 Mazda 6 and was able to sneak my hands through and got the HID install. I'm not a handy kind of guy so I sort of did a half fast job with the install. I used XenonDepot's H11 Xtreme HID kit with German Philips 4300K bulbs.

I did the backup light too, replaced with LED.

·
Registered
269 Posts
The retrofitsource and their morimotos are also a good deal if you want a choice. Theyve worked great for me and there was enough wiring to run around the rim on the engine bay

The website will also guide you to the right product baed off of car info so your not guessing. Kit will come with everything needed including harnesses. You will also get color temp options

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can't seem to get it

I know this thread is old but I bought the same exact ones that originally were recommended and for some reason they really suck, I put them on my 2015 Mazda 6 and they're dimmer than the factory lights... I purchase 10000k, I've adjusted them and nothing. I don't know much about this but someone mentioned that HIDs don't work well with projectors but I've read and I clearly think that isn't the issue. I'm not sure what I should do at this point...

·
Registered
98 Posts
I know this thread is old but I bought the same exact ones that originally were recommended and for some reason they really suck, I put them on my 2015 Mazda 6 and they're dimmer than the factory lights... I purchase 10000k, I've adjusted them and nothing. I don't know much about this but someone mentioned that HIDs don't work well with projectors but I've read and I clearly think that isn't the issue. I'm not sure what I should do at this point...
The reason the light output is so low is because of the color temperature of your bulbs. Anything past 6500k will have less light output. I would suggest that you get from 4500k-6500k for the best results.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
12 Participants
Cyborg JSK
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing