Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, bear with me. I know nothing about cars and some of you might have realized by now.

I've been reading through the installation instructions for the cpe intake and I understand most everything. It's a little hard though since I haven't been under the hood with the instructions yet.
One thing I don't get yet - On the pipe, there's a square piece on the side, with 2 screw holes and a larger hole in the middle. Now I can't read too good, but I can't find in the directions what I'm supposed to do with that. Am I missing something from the kit? Because it didn't come with anything that would fit there.
Or is it something that I take off the stock airbox and put back on there?

Question 2: again, it will prolly be a lot clearer when I start with the installation but where does the actual Maf customizer go? I know where the wires hook up and everything underneath the steering wheel in that compartment but then does the black box just kinda get tucked up in there or is there a special place for it?

Thanks for your help. I swear I'm not this dumb when it comes to other things, just cars.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
1: the little black squareish thing (maf sensor?) on the stock air box goes there.

2: some people tuck it somewhere and some people stick with tape or velcro to the cpu itself

1 - 3 of 3 Posts