Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally got around to installing the fan module I recieved from Twowheelin. It was a pretty simple install, well, except for me cuz I decided to NOT wait for the engine to be cool hahah. Oh well, thats how I roll. Anyways, I got it installed and it doesnt really seem like there is any diffrence....I could run the car through all the gears to redline and pull over and still nothing, it doesnt seem like the fans hardly even run....But, when I turn on the A/C the fans come on right away at a high speed which helps cool the engine. The therory that twowheelin had about keeping the engine cool is correct, but it did not seem like this mod did anything more than running the A/C would....Im not saying dont buy it, but for me, I did not notice any diffrence.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I decided to NOT wait for the engine to be cool hahah. Oh well, thats how I roll. [/b]

Don't feel bad. I did the Throttl Body Coolant Bypass "mod" right after I drove about 20 miles and it was around 98 outside. It hurt. But i wanted to get it over with lol. pretty stupid of me.....

177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My car is like my wife, I might know I shouldnt do something and she might tell me that, but I will do it anyways, and keep doing it cuz Lord knows we cant woment be right ALL the time hehehe. KEEP THAT PIMP HAND STRONG!!!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Okinawa:

The ATFC does not interfere with the normal fan operation, so the fans will automatically turn on when the AC is switched on. Without AC, the primary fan should turn on early, as soon as the head temperature reaches about 180 degrees.

To test your installation, leave the AC off and let your car warm up and idle for a several minutes. When the fans first turn on, immediatly remove the fan relay, disconnect the ATFC blue wire leading to the relay panel and put the relay back in. If the fan turns back on, the ATFC is probably not connected, and the fan is being operated only by the computer. As an alternate test, you could just cut the wire the instant the fan comes on and confirm that the fan shuts off, but then you have to repair the cut wire.

Please double-check your wiring against the instructions to insure the blue relay wire is connected to the correct location.

Please PM me if you need any detailed testing instructions. I'll guarantee the ATFC 100% if it's defective or broke and will be happy to correct any problems.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hey TW, my black plastic cover thingy melted off the first day i put it on. followed the instructions perfectly. is that necessary for the module to work? should i just put electrical tape on it?

177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okinawa:

The ATFC does not interfere with the normal fan operation, so the fans will automatically turn on when the AC is switched on. Without AC, the primary fan should turn on early, as soon as the head temperature reaches about 180 degrees.

To test your installation, leave the AC off and let your car warm up and idle for a several minutes. When the fans first turn on, immediatly remove the fan relay, disconnect the ATFC blue wire leading to the relay panel and put the relay back in. If the fan turns back on, the ATFC is probably not connected, and the fan is being operated only by the computer. As an alternate test, you could just cut the wire the instant the fan comes on and confirm that the fan shuts off, but then you have to repair the cut wire.

Please double-check your wiring against the instructions to insure the blue relay wire is connected to the correct location.

Please PM me if you need any detailed testing instructions. I'll guarantee the ATFC 100% if it's defective or broke and will be happy to correct any problems.
[/b]
That is a wonderfull idea! haha. I will be sure to try this. Is there anyway I could controll the fan speed? Because I would really like to have the fans run at a faster temperature than usual. I live on a tropical island....gets a bit hot here ...haha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts