Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased the Tanabe strut bar for almost two weeks. I finally got it installed this past Friday. Following the Tanabe direction, I relieved the front strut load by jacking up the front wheels. The installation after this is pretty straight forward, but one has to tighten the 6 tower nuts first before making final adjustment on the bar.

I have never used strut bar on any of my current cars and previous ones. So I really don't know what to expect from it. I also read from threads indicating that if the struts are close to the firewall, then no strut bar is really needed. So I approach it with an open mind.

After 3 days of driving, I would say that the car corners flatter than before with less lean. I gauged it by on and off ramp exits from freeway that I usually take. This is a very inexpensive mod in suspension, only $139 including shipping. I think the strut bar is particularly helpful to front wheel drive cars since the front wheels have to do the plowing and carry the power.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does the chassis feel any different after the modifiation? Was the installation difficult?
By the seat of pants, the chassis does not really improve that much, but the car is flatter in cornering and less lean. the installation is really pretty easy. I think the hardest part is to get the frontend up, but the wheel do not have to be off the ground, just high enough to relieve the load. After you get the car up, I think it only took me about 10 minutes to get it done.

·
Premium Member
1,422 Posts
Hmmm... I've been thinking about getting one of these along with the lower tie bars ever since I saw what the RSB did to tighten up the rear. Link to the site where you purchased the bar?

·
Registered
253 Posts
NO! Don't even start that!

Actually, I haven't seen him around in a while.
I'm kinda sad that he completely blew off my comments and continued to atta.. er.. reply to other people. :(

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hmmm... I've been thinking about getting one of these along with the lower tie bars ever since I saw what the RSB did to tighten up the rear. Link to the site where you purchased the bar?
I got it from FRsports.com for $139. Looks like you are in luck, it's selling for $124 now!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I found it on eBay for $126.02 lol. I have felt a difference. The front end is flatter and doesn't lift in corners and the steering felt heavier. I torqued 30lbs per ft. 2 weeks of driving and still tight so far. Thanks to your post is what made me buy it finally. I have a stock suspension at 92500 miles so it has made a difference

1 - 20 of 21 Posts