Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Mazda 6 Touring
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I just installed an SRI in my 2016 6 Touring and after turning it on a second time the CEL went on. The car now has a little hesitation from stoplight sometimes, but I didn't notice any big power loss. I tried to reset the ECU by unplugging the battery but the light stayed on. I suspect it is running too lean since the light went on the 2nd time I started it up and I read somewhere that if it detects an 8% higher A/F ratio or something for 2 drive cycles it'll throw the code for lean, although I have not verified that at AutoZone. You can see in the pictures that the MAF sensor is over near the throttle body instead of where it is right next to the filter stock. Maybe this is the problem? Also, it is a pretty janky installation of the sensor because the Spectre mount didn't have the right adapter so I had to drill little holes to get it to fit, in the mount plastic not in the actual sensor. I've also heard that the SRI is not going to add any power which is fine with me, I just like the sound and maybe in the summer, I'll add a heat shield to optimize it. Thanks!
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Hood

The links are to all the parts I used:

Intake Kit
Spectre Air Flow Sensor Mount 87051K (autozone.com)
Amazon.com: Spectre Performance 8771 3-3/2.5" Intake Coupler : Automotive

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
I was gonna say that adapter doesnt work, I took mine back. The reason youre getting a CEL is the MAF needs to be farther back from the TB, like it was stock. Its too close and causes massive turbulence being that close to the butterfly plate. Also the vacuum hose that attaches to the tubing needs to be BEHIND the MAF, not in front of it. Could have saved yourself some trouble paying a little better attention to how things were before. And how do you have it connected to the TB in the first place? Just sitting there?

·
Registered
2016 Mazda 6 Touring
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was gonna say that adapter doesnt work, I took mine back. The reason youre getting a CEL is the MAF needs to be farther back from the TB, like it was stock. Its too close and causes massive turbulence being that close to the butterfly plate. Also the vacuum hose that attaches to the tubing needs to be BEHIND the MAF, not in front of it. Could have saved yourself some trouble paying a little better attention to how things were before. And how do you have it connected to the TB in the first place? Just sitting there?
Ok, thanks for the response! I'll switch it around and hopefully that'll help. The only reason I didn't do that before was because I couldn't get it to fit that way, the setup was a bit too big. Yes, there is no clip or anything on the mount connecting to the throttle body, it was pretty tight on so I thought it would be alright. Lesson learned that these things are more finicky than they seem sometimes. Thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts