Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished swapping wheels between my 2004 RX8 and my 2006 MS6... the RX8 is a lease and I'm hoping I can retunr the car with the MS6 stockers but will see......
any ways the RX8 wheels have 225/40/r18 tires on them and plus the wheels are 18x8 and lighter!!!
I like the way it looks and it handles really better.

I have not lowered the car yet but I'm waiting on RPM for their spring /Koni shocks combo.
The fender gap is even greater now since the tires are 225/40 but the lowering will help.

Pics will be up by tomorrow!!!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love how the RX-8 wheels look on a speed6. Although I really like our wheels. The Rx-8's should be much easier to clean. lol
[/b]
True thats another reason why I like the RX8 wheels better, the stock MS6 wheels are a TRUE PAIN IN THE BUTT to keep clean but I agree with you that the multi-spoke wheels from the MS6 look nice as well, I just see the advantages of the RX8 wheels, the car looks more agressive from fornt a dn back with wider tires and more offset.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Try ebay and RX-8 forums like RX8club.com. There should be plenty of members looking to unload a set of OEM stock wheels.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Ever get any pics? Would love to check it out. Any clearance issues in the front with the suspension arms or in the rear with the back of the wheel well? What offset are the stock RX-8 wheels?

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
how much does the dealer charge for htese
[/b]
way to much, and ebay is not much better, your best bet is the rx-8 fourms

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I got my RX-8 wheels on ebay for $375 buy it now. They were dealer take offs and did not look like they had ever even been mounted. (like they came off of the parts room shelf) I will try to post the name of the ebay wheel store tomarrow. The only time they have rubbed for me the trunk was full, there were passengers in the back seat, and I was going around a tight hiway interchange fast. Even then it only rubbed for a split second and I couldn't find where it rubbed. I am going to roll the rear fender lips anyway. This is an '03 6s though not '06 MS6.

P.S. tires are 235-40/ZR18 Toyo Proxes 4s.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Ever get any pics? Would love to check it out. Any clearance issues in the front with the suspension arms or in the rear with the back of the wheel well? What offset are the stock RX-8 wheels?
[/b]
Stock RX-8 wheel offset is +50

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Stock RX-8 wheel offset is +50
[/b]
And weigh 21.5lbs on my digital bathroom scale. I weighed all 4 individually when I got mine (each was within 0.2lbs of 21.5lbs), which is about 2 to 2.5lbs lighter than the stock 18x7 MS6 wheels. Not bad for a wheel that's an inch wider (18x8), OEM qualilty and far easier to clean. See my initial comments and pics here:
http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...6108&st=135
Post #143.

·
Registered
243 Posts
how much does the dealer charge for htese[/b]

way to much, and ebay is not much better, your best bet is the rx-8 fourms[/b]
I paid the hefty ransom of $400 for the set from my dealer. They also had a set from a CX-7 which I think would look pretty decent as well. The CX-7 wheel would tend to look like a regular 6 wheels, but they are 18" and they are 7.5" wide.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
How did you get themn from the dealer for 400 for the set? Is that list?

·
Registered
532 Posts
+1. I wanted to know if the stock 06 Mazdaspeed6 Tires will fit the OEM RX8 18in. wheels? I just got my hands on a set of rx8 wheels and wanted to swap my tires to it, will it work?

·
Registered
532 Posts
But they do fit, even if it is for a few weeks til I get my check from IRS, right?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Thanks a bunch. I do not have the $$ to put new tires on, but as long as they do no damage to the car or rims, then I am good. So the recommended size is 235/45/18... I am in the process of some Megan V6 springs, will it rub? I might just get them rolled regardless when I do the drop...

·
Registered
706 Posts
I wouldn't mind a set for $400 like new. Anyone know of any dealers close to NC selling those?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts