Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a great guide for installing Paddle Shifters on the 2016 Mazda 6 and wanted to add to it by writing up what I did for the 2017 Mazda 6 (using 2016 wiring and 2018 Mazda3 rear steering wheel cover).

Had to use the 2018 Mazda3 rear cover because when I ordered the appropriate 2017 Mazda6 part to accommodate paddles, I received the regular rear cover that does not accommodate paddles. Contacted MazdaUSA customer service who then contacted the parts team and apparently they confirmed the part I received is 'correct'. So they don't even know what the correct part is. And their explanation was basically telling me my car is the touring trim and the GT trim parts don't fit anyways. Very frustrating but the 2018 Mazda3 cover fits perfectly with some very minor modifications so just wanted to add to that thread.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You forgot to mention where the guide is. Or did I fail to spot the link?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry it says my post count is not high enough to post links. But here is the location on the forum of that guide.

Mazda 6 Forums : Mazda 6 Forum / Mazda Atenza Forum > How-To / DIY Section > Mazda 6 3rd Generation (2013-Present) > Interior / Exterior > HOW-TO: Install paddle shifters - 2016 Touring

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also I want to post images as well but it says my post count is not high enough. Anyone know what the post count threshold is until I can start posting these?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m trying to install paddle shifters to my 2017 Mazda 6. I read your posts, any other advice to get started or parts I’m going to need?
Also I want to post images as well but it says my post count is not high enough. Anyone know what the post count threshold is until I can start posting these?

·
Super Moderator
17,088 Posts
Sorry for all the restrictions - it's the best way to prevent spam bots from posting their nonsense and to keep the members safe. I always tell people that it takes about 24 hours after your first post for things to sync up and you be given full permissions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts