Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got the chance to get it done today... this thing is loud!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
looks good, I want to get this on the group buy but I like how the CP-e is one pipe without the rubber connection between the two stainless peices as the mazdaspeed is...ugh why must the CP-E cost so much more

(note: I'm just venting not actually asking a question)

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
looks good, I want to get this on the group buy but I like how the CP-e is one pipe without the rubber connection between the two stainless peices as the mazdaspeed is...ugh why must the CP-E cost so much more
(note: I'm just venting not actually asking a question)
[/b]
fujita is one piece. Made a noticable difference in throttle response and topend. paid 225bux shipped.

·
Registered
851 Posts
fujita is one piece. Made a noticable difference in throttle response and topend. paid 225bux shipped.
[/b]
where was it 225 at?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
looks good, I want to get this on the group buy but I like how the CP-e is one pipe without the rubber connection between the two stainless peices as the mazdaspeed [/b]
I actually like the 2 piece... I can adjust the angel to fit right or the way i want it too. The breather tube is kinda in an odd location and with the 2 piece you can adjust/twist to make it a good fit.

Nice...I am trying to decide if I should dump the $260 and get this from the group buy.
[/b]
I though about it and thought really hard about getting the AEM or Fujita b/c it's much cheaper. BUT I didn't want crap from the dealer about warranty issues or lack of. If my car was pass the warranty years... ya, I would of bought the cheaper (I should say LESS expensive) one for sure.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I ordered mine from the group buy, but apparently they're on backorder?

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
I didn't have any fitment problems with the fujita. Hopefully i can get a dyno with a a/f soon so we know if this intake does make the car run a big lean. Also by looking at the fujita maf location, maf is located about the same as where factory maf is.

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
Also by looking at the fujita maf location, maf is located about the same as where factory maf is.[/b]
The stock airbox puts the MAF immediately after a velocity stack. No aftermarket intake puts the MAF near one of those. :p

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
I'm acutally hoping intake makes ecu bit lean, it can sure use it. I didn't reset the ecu when installing the intake but after extensive hard driving, I can tell that it is eager to rev up and tip in throttle response had definitly increased. Its not a crazy improvement but a notiable one for the better.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm acutally hoping intake makes ecu bit lean, it can sure use it. I didn't reset the ecu when installing the intake [/b]
If you unpluged the battery (15 minutes or more) when you installed the intake, it will reset on it's own.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
If you unpluged the battery (15 minutes or more) when you installed the intake, it will reset on it's own.
[/b]
no i did not reset the ecu on purpose so i can see if there was a difference in how the engine felt.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I just ordered one from the group buy. My MS6 is only 2 weeks old with 300KM.

·
Registered
50 Posts
where is this group buy? i only see one for the regular I4 and v6

·
Registered
1,498 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
ahh all these intakes are driving me nuts!

I want the CP-E intake with the Mazdaspeed markings and the Fujita price... :(
I can't win

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ahh all these intakes are driving me nuts!

I want the CP-E intake with the Mazdaspeed markings and the Fujita price... :(
I can't win
[/b]
I know what you mean.... I went through the same thing. I choose Mazda only because I didn't want crap from the dealer.
Since the MS6 intake is backorder I would go for the Fujita or AEM (lower price).
Also as we all know, AEM 21-641 makes the Mazdaspeed6 CAI. I've seen the AEM online for $241 shipped and Fujita for about another $10 more.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts