Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i did a simple (at least i thought it was) install of adding interior lights into the air vents of my car. When i went to start my car, i was getting battery power to open close the windows, but nothing that would crank the engine. I figured, maybe i blew a few somehow, but no... i checked the kicker box and the engine fuse box to find that none had been blown. I even used an ohm meter and they were all working fuses. I then figured, maybe the wiring i tapped into needed to be cut where i added my power lines thinking that was draining power... but no, i tried the engine again and had no success.

I've got Mazda roadside assistance coming to pick up my car tomorrow and drop it off at the dealership to figure out what is happening. When i turn the ignition key all the way, it sounds like the relay is clicking up there, but there is no firing of the solenoid... anyone able to help diagnose this issue? I'm stumped... :headscrat:

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where did you tap power from? Have you tried reversing what you did to see if it'll start?
[/b]
yeah, i reverted back to having nothing connected into my stock wiring system and that did not help. All i did was tap into my cigarette lighter and that's where the problem began...

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
Check the main fuse under the hood,it's a 120 amp fuse.I did that and that's what mine acted like.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Check the main fuse under the hood,it's a 120 amp fuse.I did that and that's what mine acted like.
[/b]
unfortunately i checked all of my fuses (both in the kicker box and the engine bay). The main fuse tested good on my ohm meter but you never know if it gave a false reading somehow. Was difficult to tell if it was broken internally, but i have definitely checked it as well as i could. Guess i'm going to find out from mazda on monday what went wrong...

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
The 120 amp fuse has an inspection cover that you can look in and the fusible link will be burnt through.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Sounds like your battery is dead, from what your explaining to me...

Ive gone through about 6 batterys this year (a whole other thread I started) before getting an optima, and that was the same thing that happened to me.

Sometimes it would have enough juice left to use the keyfob and lock/unlock the doors, radio came on, lights worked but just clicking relay when I tried to start. Other times it was so dead it wouldn't even take a jump and had to have mazda come with a flatbed and get it..

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
battery wasn't deal... i tried turning my engine over after hooking up jumper cables from my truck... didn't even consider turning over ( my car was stubborn). I'm kinda leaning towards my alternator being bad, especially when i can hear the relay clicking. I just want my car back! :tear: :tear: :tear:

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
anyone else think the alternator could be the problem?

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
bump for an update...

was a result of a blown fuel pump fuse. would that have had something to do with me? i'm under the impression that the fuel pump fuse went out on its own.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
From my experience on blowing fuses on my 6, w/e ive been working on if I did something wrong it was always that fuse. So my guess would be just shity timing from when you did the led install and this blowing out. Just sucks that it probably wasted alot of your time checking all the shit for the leds.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts