Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i just installed my cp-e mafci and my magnaflow exhaust about two days ago and wanted to say that it is amazing, and i definately noticed a huge difference once the rpms get past 4,000. But if i gas it at like 3,000 rpm's it sort of feels like i have throtle lag? Does any one else have that problem. It just seems like it takes a second to get up there but once it gets to 4,000 rpms it hauls ass until red line. Im not sure if its supposed to do that so any input would be great. I also searched first but found nothing on that. Thanks

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Hello, i just installed my cp-e mafci and my magnaflow exhaust about two days ago and wants to say that it is amazing, and i definately noticed a huge difference once the rpms get past 4,000. But if i gas it at like 3,000 rpm's it sort of feels like i have throtle lag? Does any one else have that problem. It just seems like it takes a second to get up there but once it gets to 4,000 rpms it hauls ass until red line. Im not sure if its supposed to do that so any input would be great. I also searched first but found nothing on that. Thanks
[/b]
Welcome to high end power/torque. Thats how this engine runs, it doesn't produce the meat of its power until you hit that magical 4k mark. Oh, and the magnaflow is adding zero power, all that you are experiencing is from the CPE MAF-ci.

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
the cpe mafci doesn't really do any tuning until about 3500rpm and up. If you got the tunable, you might be able to coax some down low power out of it

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
yea, the cp-e does not eliminate all the lag, but most. i still experience some with my tuneable mafci, and magnaflows. but with the power it makes in the 4k range, i have no complaints. and i have had it awhile, and the newness has worn off, i can keep my foot out of it, and still get decent gas milage. which is awesome in my book. :D

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I definately have no complaints either i absolutely love the cp-e kit, also I have been around cars for a long time so i do realize that the magnaflows added zero power and just sound.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I definately have no complaints either i absolutely love the cp-e kit, also I have been around cars for a long time so i do realize that the magnaflows added zero power and just sound.
[/b]
Yeah I didn't mean to make that sound insulting (if it came off that way, hard to convey anything through text really), just wanted to be sure you knew it was an asthetic/sound mod only.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah so i think i spoke to soon, on the way to work today the cel light came on. Scanned it and i have two codes P2196 and P2198 i believe, bank 1 sensor 1 and bank 2 sensor 2 stuck rich. Im not sure if this came back on from before because at first when i used the scotchlock the cel came on but i took at all apart and soddered everything. So im not sure if i had to clear the codes which i never did or if there is an issure still making it come on. Any help would be nice.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Welcome to high end power/torque. Thats how this engine runs, it doesn't produce the meat of its power until you hit that magical 4k mark. Oh, and the magnaflow is adding zero power, all that you are experiencing is from the CPE MAF-ci.
[/b]
i thought someone dynoed the magnaflow and got about 2-3HP and 6-8 lb.ft of torque...

my g/f instantly noticed more 'oomph' beyond the noise

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
i thought someone dynoed the magnaflow and got about 2-3HP and 6-8 lb.ft of torque...

[/b]
2-3 hp would be within the variable amount of the dyno. The speed increase is a placebo effect.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts

[/b]
Now I don't debate that it's possible to show a power difference between two catback systems...its relatively easy to "fidget" with dyno's till you get the result you want. But so far, all owner dyno's have shown no difference in power from any catback...and if there is any difference whatsoever, its usually a gain at max rpm, with an equivilant loss at low rpm. [/b]
^^^^^^ crossbow on 6tech

I think he makes the best point, along with what dabears2k just said.

·
Registered
11,748 Posts
Increases in sound also create placebo effects. Your car is louder, so your brain says it must be faster...because why else would it be louder? All that extra power is getting out now!!!

It also tends to happen because everyone resets the ECU when they do mods. (Which is good, you are supposed to do that).

However when you pull the neg battery cable, the car resets the fuel maps to their default values...which depending on how you drive the car, will result in a power increase, or a power decrease.

If you drive like an average person, and don't redline frequently (maybe once a drive), you'll probably get a wee bit of power just from the ecu reset.

If you drive like a crazy person, as if you were on a road track, you'll notice a lack of responsiveness and power when you reset...in fact you'll probably start crying.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So does anyone know why my cel light might have came on. Either what i did wrong or what to look for?

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
double check all wiring connections to make sure they are good, and also make sure that you have the wires on the correct side of the MAF wire (the one that you cut)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah i did solder mine. I have the 2006 and my instructions say right on them 2006 model only, and i checked, checked and rechecked to make sure i was connecting the correct ones before i soldered

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well i got the new cp-e maf customizer today and installed it. I tried to clear the codes before i started the car but when the guy at autozone hooked up his scanner it said reading error or something like that. Josh at CP-E told me to just take the car home and take the battery cable off overnight to clear the codes so tomorrow we will see how she is running. Hopefully that new maf customizer box helped. knowing my luck ill be dissapointed tomorrow. BTW on the ride home the cel never came back on, was a 4 min ride home.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
About this Discussion
40 Replies
10 Participants
06Mazda6s
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing