Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright guys here are some installed pictures of the HKS SSQV BOV (recirc)
and the CP-E cold air intake system. The CP-E intake system was custom painted
and i decided to go with an HKS Mega Flow intake filter Vs the one they provided.
A word of advice to those who are going to install this intake system, Tighten the air filter onto the pipe before you bolt down the provided heat shield.. The only other way you will be able to tighten the filter
is if you have a lift or you remove the front bumper. If you have any questions about the BOV or the Intake feel free to message me. Also... DO NOT VTA the BOV without a air/fuel tuner. The RPM will bounce like crazy when shifting into neutral....Most definatly will cause turbo damage.
**note**
after reseting your ecu(disconnect negative end of battary) you wiill have to re-train your automatic windows. Its very easy to do. Make sure all windows are totally closed. Turn your key to the "on" position, then on each window(the window on each door) roll the window down completely, then roll them up and hold the button up for 2 seconds. After you do this on each window, the automatic windows will work again.

anyway enough talk heres the pix

sound clip and video coming soon~!

special thanks to Anthony and Everyone at CP-E... hahah sorry about my impatience.

www.CP-E.com
www.hksusa.com

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
We need more pics :)...

I'm guessing you got this early by saying you didn't want it powdercoated???

Also... for installed... did you take your battery out??? I just did it because I'm thinking the clamps are going to be in the way....

How is the sound?

You can't be the first to post this mod and not make any mention of performance...

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We need more pics :)...

I'm guessing you got this early by saying you didn't want it powdercoated???

Also... for installed... did you take your battery out??? I just did it because I'm thinking the clamps are going to be in the way....

How is the sound?

You can't be the first to post this mod and not make any mention of performance...
[/b]
haha yea i got it a lil early cause i didn;t want the powder coated silver.
for the install the battery did not need to be pulled at all. The stock airbox just lifts out...however the underside of the intake box is a pain to get out. there is one bolt towards the cabin, and two towards the bumper.... u can get all these bolts by taking off the 4 bolts on the bottom driver side of the bumper holding that section of the factory spilter then working it from the inner fender wall....

i'm going to post more pix as soon as i transfer them from my camera to my computer...also i will have a video for the sound....

as far as the sound... its incredible.... with the recirc, it really sounds like a wastegate dumping.
the sound of the turbo suction is too much for words...haha ya'll just gotta wait for the video... but yea everything sounds great and the important thing.... i can literly feel the difference the BOV and intake make. It seems the boost is holding better and the car is much more responsive

·
Registered
215 Posts
haha yea i got it a lil early cause i didn;t want the powder coated silver.
for the install the battery did not need to be pulled at all. The stock airbox just lifts out...however the underside of the intake box is a pain to get out. there is one bolt towards the cabin, and two towards the bumper.... u can get all these bolts by taking off the 4 bolts on the bottom driver side of the bumper holding that section of the factory spilter then working it from the inner fender wall....

i'm going to post more pix as soon as i transfer them from my camera to my computer...also i will have a video for the sound....

as far as the sound... its incredible.... with the recirc, it really sounds like a wastegate dumping.
the sound of the turbo suction is too much for words...haha ya'll just gotta wait for the video... but yea everything sounds great and the important thing.... i can literly feel the difference the BOV and intake make. It seems the boost is holding better and the car is much more responsive
[/b]
I NEED a video now!! PLEASE :tear:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I NEED a video now!! PLEASE :tear:
[/b]
i'll post a video by this weekend...the sound... oh gawd its beautiful...brings tears into my eyes

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
A word of advice to those who are going to install this intake system, Tighten the air filter onto the pipe before you bolt down the provided heat shield.. The only other way you will be able to tighten the filter
is if you have a lift or you remove the front bumper. If you have any questions about the BOV or the Intake feel free to message me.
[/b]
So you are saying mount the filter on the pipe and feed it down there??? I am trying to avoid the removal of the bumper at all costs...

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So you are saying mount the filter on the pipe and feed it down there??? I am trying to avoid the removal of the bumper at all costs...
[/b]
no no the filter won;t fit through the heat shield. this is what u gotta do. feed the pipe through the heat shield but do not bolt the pipe to the shield or the shield to the frame. This way the shield can freely be moved up and down the pipe. once the the pipe is through the heat shield put on the filter and tighten it up. then once the filter is tight move the heat sheild into position and bolt it up to the frame. Then bolt the pipe to the sheild. make sure you angle the intake pipe in the middle of the shield so the pipe is not touching the shield

·
Registered
583 Posts
you darn korean kids are so impatient. hahaha. i bought a t-shirt of south korea that says korea's got soul.

its great, but off topic.

was it cheaper not powder coated?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you darn korean kids are so impatient. hahaha. i bought a t-shirt of south korea that says korea's got soul.
its great, but off topic.

was it cheaper not powder coated?
[/b]

hahah i can;t help being impatinet... i'm a car junkie....and i need parts and tuning!!!!
hahah korea's got soul puhahah hence the name SEOULFUL
great shirt dude! i want one now

anyway.. no the price was the same powdercoated or not
i just didn;t want a silver intake
gotta be original

·
Registered
189 Posts
Im running VTA as of now and I havne't noticed anything wrong other than the occusional backfire, are you 100% sure running VTA is bad for the car?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im running VTA as of now and I havne't noticed anything wrong other than the occusional backfire, are you 100% sure running VTA is bad for the car?
[/b]
without a air/fuel tuner I.e. safcII
yes i can guarentee it is bad. Also the dealer will not warrant damages caused from VTA. If you Recirc u can save ur warranty.

try this... spool your turbo and shift.. then press the accelrator a lil hard (immitate hard driving conditions) then shift into neutral... watch your RPM drop. Most likely it will do one of the following. The RPM with bounce ( drop low below 1000 rpm then jump above 1000 rpm then settle down) or the RPM will drop down. Also
between shifts your fuel will be running rich and this can really mess with ur ECU. If u want to vent the BOV get a HKS EIDS or a feul computer. Apexi has the wiring diagram for the safc II into the 06 ms6. If u call them they can fax it over to u.

·
Registered
490 Posts
without a air/fuel tuner I.e. safcII
yes i can guarentee it is bad. Also the dealer will not warrant damages caused from VTA. If you Recirc u can save ur warranty.

try this... spool your turbo and shift.. then press the accelrator a lil hard (immitate hard driving conditions) then shift into neutral... watch your RPM drop. Most likely it will do one of the following. The RPM with bounce ( drop low below 1000 rpm then jump above 1000 rpm then settle down) or the RPM will drop down. Also
between shifts your fuel will be running rich and this can really mess with ur ECU. If u want to vent the BOV get a HKS EIDS or a feul computer. Apexi has the wiring diagram for the safc II into the 06 ms6. If u call them they can fax it over to u.
[/b]
1 month before I bought the Speed6 I sold my HKS SAFC and AFR, as I decided to stay NA on the 240sx buildup. :swearin:
Thanks for trying to RE-Iterate the Re-Circ. :yesnod:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 month before I bought the Speed6 I sold my HKS SAFC and AFR, as I decided to stay NA on the 240sx buildup. :swearin:
Thanks for trying to RE-Iterate the Re-Circ. :yesnod:
[/b]
**tears** i just got off the phone with mazda and any kind of air/fuel controller (that means anything that messes or allows you to change the air fuel ratio) will not only cancel your engine/power train warranty...it will also kill the electrical warranty... stupid stupid stupid.... on a brighter note, the dealer did say ok to a MANUAL boost controller. Looks like i'm heading over to turbo XS. I'll have pictures up of the install soon.
Also, boost gauges are ok as long as they are not mounted on the piller...*DUH*

oh and for those who are interested, Fiber Images has released the carbon fiber hood and trunk for the MS6. The hood according to FI will be 787 and the trunk is 805. There is a freight charge of 225 for the pieces. www.fiberimages.com ...... damn close to 2000 dollars to put the MS6 on atkins.... oh well..
i'll have images of that install soon as well.

·
Registered
856 Posts
wow, your dealer said a manual boost controller was okay?

Hold him to that, crank the boost to 25psi and report back!
I'm only kidding....but he did say it was okay..... :)

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
wow, your dealer said a manual boost controller was okay?

Hold him to that, crank the boost to 25psi and report back!
I'm only kidding....but he did say it was okay..... :)
[/b]
hahah yea he said ok
maybe i just got lucky with my service manager.
My service manger used to be a mechanic for Nu Image motorsports.....
ah well..

**update** the CP-E down pipe and exhaust system should be getting back from the
vendor in about 2-3 weeks. They will give us a price at that time..Also the fabrication of an
FMIC ( YES I KNOW ISN:T IT GREAT!!! FRONT MOUNT INTERCOOLER) will begin in about 2 weeks...
OH GAWD WE NEED THIS MOD BAD! everyone e-mail CP-E the give them a lil love for all the custom work they been doin for the MS6

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
where is the video man
[/b]
I have to work during the week so its a little hard to get out and video the car.
i'm planning on taking the video probably tonight or wednesday night.
so if thats the case it will be up by thursday morning at the latest...
sorry for the lag but damn modding this car is expensive...gotta make the money to pay for this thing hahaha

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
What do you need an MBC for??? The turbo can't keep up with the car as it is... the flow ratings only hold the car til 6k...

·
Registered
498 Posts
A buddy just had the cp-e cai and HKS / Cp-e bov installed today as well. I'm dying to get over there and check it out. If I do, I'll try to get some audio/video also.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What do you need an MBC for??? The turbo can't keep up with the car as it is... the flow ratings only hold the car til 6k...
[/b]
I'm just getting an MBC to hold the boost at a consistant 16.7. I'm not looking to upgrade the boost. HOWEVER
the Turbo xs manual boost controler (not the standard one) features a dual load type (spring an bleed). This means that the turbo will spool faster to peak. aka turbo peaking boost quicker along the RPM. So its really more for a response and consistency thing then a HP gain thing

1 - 20 of 105 Posts
About this Discussion
104 Replies
31 Participants
seoulful
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing