Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:yesnod: Hey all, I just got back from 8 hours of install worth of ATP DP......Holy shiznit that was a PITA! Gladit is done though. All I can say is PB Blaster is your best friend...no bad threads on the O2 sensors and also installed the diode trick. We will see how long that lasts. Had to take the exhaust manifold off and take it out the top...no way to get it out under the rear even with the brace removed. That was a pain, but luckily no stripped bolts. Did have to use an extractor on one of the bolts on top of the turbo manifold though.

Anyway, about the 1st thoughts:

HOLY SHIZNIT this car is alive now!!! Boost is now instantaneous and this car pulls all the way up now. this is sooo SHWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

Oh, by the way, it is catless!

Thanks for all of the insight on what to do with this one...Glad it is over!

Happy driver again!
:drive:

·
Registered
196 Posts
:yesnod: Hey all, I just got back from 8 hours of install worth of ATP DP......Holy shiznit that was a PITA! Gladit is done though. All I can say is PB Blaster is your best friend...no bad threads on the O2 sensors and also installed the diode trick. We will see how long that lasts. Had to take the exhaust manifold off and take it out the top...no way to get it out under the rear even with the brace removed. That was a pain, but luckily no stripped bolts. Did have to use an extractor on one of the bolts on top of the turbo manifold though.

Anyway, about the 1st thoughts:

HOLY SHIZNIT this car is alive now!!! Boost is now instantaneous and this car pulls all the way up now. this is sooo SHWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

Oh, by the way, it is catless!

Thanks for all of the insight on what to do with this one...Glad it is over!

Happy driver again!
:drive:[/b]
enjoy bros i haven't decide which one i want ATP or CPE :swearin:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
congrats... u hit fuel cut? cuz man i got a cutout and i hit it hard...[/b]
No! I turned down the MBC a little and then turned back up just a hair...maintaining about 15.5 right now. I did notice that there is a slight tinny rattling sound nopw though. Does anyone else have this? boost gauge is still reading well and vac is holding about 21 at idle, so I doubt there is a leak in the lines anywhere. All the flances were tightened well also???? I am at a loss>
Just got back from dinner and this thing is a beast! I am so pleased with the performance! Great Mod/Bang for the buck.

·
Registered
204 Posts
enjoy bros i haven't decide which one i want ATP or CPE :swearin:[/b]
Well, ATP's is cheaper, and is a 3" diameter, just like CP-E's. Also, if you plan a turbo upgrade, ATP's will work on stock, ATP, or CP-E turbos, while the CP-E only works on theirs (and stock). In this category, ATP's seems like a better choice. However, if you decide you want to compromise flow and power by getting cats, CP-E is your only choice.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yuh i get a slight resonance or rattling...not bad tho[/b]
OK, glad to hear that it is not just mine...Thanks

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I don't have any rattling or noises from my DP..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well, ATP's is cheaper, and is a 3" diameter, just like CP-E's. Also, if you plan a turbo upgrade, ATP's will work on stock, ATP, or CP-E turbos, while the CP-E only works on theirs (and stock). In this category, ATP's seems like a better choice. However, if you decide you want to compromise flow and power by getting cats, CP-E is your only choice.[/b]
Does the CP-E downpipe come with a higher flowing, higher quality cat then the ATP downpipe?

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
And the cat offered on CP-e's downpipe has been tested to restrict almost NOTHING.... powerloss from it won't be noticed.... if you even find any... It does however cost more... so basically, if you want to POSSIBLY pass emissions.. get the catted version.. however if emissions are never a problem.. save some money and get catless

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
it doesnt resonate slighty wen u get on it?[/b]

Not that I've noticed, but I do have the original CPE 3" exaust(only the one small resonator) so the exaust note might be drowning out any quieter nioses from under the hood. The exaust growls pretty good between 4500~5500 though--I've scared a few drivers going WOT down the street :yesnod: :yesnod: .

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Haha, put it in VTA for a night and go drive around popping off fire-balls. That'll make people swallow their nuts.

EDIT / DISCLAIMER: IMO, VTA should only be implicated on this vehicle on a vague occation and strictly for the purpose of cleaning your valves :p .

·
Registered
204 Posts
Yeah, I'm at almost 8,000 miles of VTA and not a single problem.

·
Registered
721 Posts
i'm going back to vta as soon as i get my motor mount and get back to my friends garage. didn't notice any change in backfire or fuel economy from vta to re-circ so i'm going back to vta. my buddies STi gave me blow off envy. :(

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I deffinately notice a difference (not a good one either) with exhaust mods. I've had my exhaust set up alot of different ways, and you can hardly hear the backfires with stock exhaust, but when it's alot more open you can hear how bad it really is. IMO it can be very unhealthy to run VTA for too long. Plus, the irratic idle on cold starts is not cool either. I do it once about every 3 months for a couple weeks to burn off any soot build up in the valves.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
How do you plug the intake?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.