Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed 60mm STRI boost gauge in vent pod....... here are few pics during install.. Step 1: Your gunna wanna lower your steering wheel.

Step 2: Then remove the two screws holding the black piece around the guages. It will have the rubber piece that is attatched to the steering wheel on it just unhook those.

Step 3: Now drill the hole for the switch by using 3/8 drill bit then trim the hole til you can slide the switch thru ..Note : try not to over trim it or you will end up buying a new piece..... Once you done this will gonna look like

Step 4: Now run the vacum hose thru the wall from inside the car to the engine bay where all the electrical wires coming from .You can see it from the picture here.......

Once you done tap your vacum hose to the vacum line from the BOV by using the t connector the come with the gauge

Step 5: Now tap the red and orange wire from the gauge to the ACC switch or any constant power 12v as you can see here i tapped to the big green wire i found from the bundle.The ground wire which is black you can tap it to any ground wire or to any screw that has ground wire.........

Step 6 : The yellow wire is for illumination you can tap it to the green wire from the dimmer lights switch ....
.........Then connect all the plugs for the gauge, plug the vacum hose to the sensor ,put everthing back .Start the car then set you warning point by holding the switch picture from step 3 for few second til the red warning light flash..Once it flash set your warning point the let it go it will auto save and go off by itself........ here are final pics enjoy.................. :drive:

·
Registered
238 Posts
NICE VERY NICE. I HAVE THE SAME SET UP
AS FAR AS THE VENT POD GOES. WELL SHIT
YOU KNOW YOU MADE IT. I THINK THAT
I SHOULD HAVE WET WITH A 60MM INSTEAD OF
52MM.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Thanks bro , i like the 60mm gauge look better at night[/b]
I have the same one, amber though. Great gauge so far!

·
Registered
875 Posts
couldn't you have exchanged it? I don't like that random red button.. would have used a diff switch or hidden it..
i got 52mm ones and the center gauge pod thing..and going to stick my gps where your gauge is haha..

offtopic.. how did u get that turbo timer to work with a GT? I thought there were problems of it not locking or something..
where did you get the halo's? and wat exactly did you do to your tails? you have a lot of nice mods lol..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts