·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Reading Topic: Installation Intructions Front Aero Bumper

Got to love the "1. Install the front aero bumper in the revers order of removal 2. Install the front aero bumper in the revers order of front bumper removal"-part... like... OK!? Thanks for the help :)

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Installation Intructions Front Aero Bumper'

Originally posted by Blackbird

Got to love the "1. Install the front aero bumper in the revers order of removal 2. Install the front aero bumper in the revers order of front bumper removal"-part... like... OK!? Thanks for the help :)[/b]
Once you've taken a 6 front bumper cover off, you will see, it really is that simple. For the US cover it is even easier, no headlight washers.

SCORPION6

I see you have the lower fogs. Any chance you could post the install instructions for them? Still trying to figure out why mine don't work and maybe I can gleen a bit of info from yours.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts

Are the pics an image file or a pdf (or similar file)? I'd love to see the instructions in a pdf file and placed somewhere in the FAQ section so people would know how to remove their bumper (say to install new lights or an intercooler!).

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

LBJay

The 2 halogens come also with a Swith to control all the lights. But incluied another position to control suppously the rear halogen light (for Europe models). I had to go 3 days to connect al the cables because they dont know.

The light come with Plugs but........the 6 dont have the direct connection (No plugs I dont know why. Genuine accesory).

We have to wire each lamp and put a fusible. The wiring is conected direct to the new control. But they have to open the steering and soldering the conection into the new position.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

davecoyne
I have the original instructions.. Also save in my hard disk

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

Originally posted by SCORPION6

I had to go 3 days to connect al the cables because they dont know.[/b]
Same problem here. Sounds like yours is a totally different install. At least we have the plug. Not working, but it's there.

Thanks anyway

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

LBJay
Why you dont try..If you have the plug why dont you connect direct to the battery an put a Relay to control the light
TOMAS
I stayed 3 days in Mazda. First Day They take off all my bumper but......Where are the PLugs?
Second Day Pickup the 6 but when I turned on the light. When I turned one the low light also trun on the new halogen.
And the Third Day I stayed 2 hours watching and controlling the instalattion. ouchhhhh Now I am happy
TOMAS

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

Tomas,

The US kit has a new (larger) relay for the fogs, my problem is that the plug that is supposed to energize the new relay doesn't get power when I turn the switch. The fog relay in the fuse box does energize but I'm not sure the plug is connected to that relay.

Nobody (not even Mazda) has a wiring diagram for the US 6 yet.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts

Originally posted by LBJay

Nobody (not even Mazda) has a wiring diagram for the US 6 yet.[/b]
That, is truly sad. No shop manuals, nothing.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

I've had 5 or 6 e-mails back and forth with Richard at Mazda South and he is doing his best to track down anything Mazda has on the wiring. Such is the price for being first I guess.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

I only see 1 wire but go under the Fuse box.
From under the FuseBox a black wire have a extension that connect to a 30A fusible and continue the wiring until each halogen lamp.
TOMAS

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

I am going to Mazda this Saturday and ask where the wire is conected under the fuse box.
Also you need to Ground
TOMAS

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

LBJay

You have to Wiring from Halogen Lamps, insert an fusible (30A) for protection an wiring into the REAR FOG DEICER RELAY inside of the FUSE BOX.

You turn on this halogen with the control in the second position halogen. You can see in the picture

TOMAS

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

I posted in the Electrical Section (Installation Fog lamps)
TOMAS

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

Thanks Tomas, but there are some major wiring differences it seems between yours and a US version.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Space to install the halogens

Sizes in the original Bumper (close net)
Long: 8" In the middle: 3 1/2"
Height: 4"

Sport Bumper
Long: 10 1/2" Diameter if the hole lamp: 3 1/2"
Height: 4 1/2"

1 - 18 of 18 Posts