Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Mazda 6 Sport
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been talking about getting a custom single exit exhaust for some time and finally pulled the trigger! The new exhaust sounds good in all RPM ranges and has a really pronounced high pitched exhaust note in the 5-6.4k range. In terms of performance, honestly can’t feel a difference, but exhausts are mostly just for auditory pleasure so I’m happy with it! I paid $200 for installation and the resonator was $50 so the full setup costs $250.

Single Exit Setup
-Vibrant 2.5 inch Resonator: Amazon.com: Vibrant 1792 Bottle Style Resonator: Automotive
-2.5 inch piping from the catback
-4” Exhaust Tip

Definitely would recommend everyone go custom exhaust (doesn’t have to be single exit), but it’s much cheaper for the same quality of sound if built right! Let me know if you have any questions :)

Reactions: WoodinvilleDan

·
Registered
710 Posts
Sounds cool! That empty hole on the driver's side would drive me insane though, haha.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Neat sound!

·
Registered
2016 6
85 Posts
I actually just picked up an invidia n1 from a brz that I’m gonna mock up to my 6, maybe I’ll post a video reply to see how it sounds compared. Although mine will be 2 1/4 in piping with 4 in exits.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Was that a cold start? I didn't hear it in the video, but all of the aftermarket exhausts that I've heard sound terrible on cold start, when the motor is pre-heating the cat by igniting the fuel in the exhaust manifold. The stock exhaust sounds bad enough during that time. I think I would avoid an aftermarket exhaust for that reason alone.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
A great way to destroy your warrantee even the federal 80,000 cat warranty will be voided... And a manifold cat costs 1800 just in parts
Pray tell how the cat will be affected? Also, IF he was in warranty, ONLY the exhaust bit was voided, not the entire warranty.

·
Registered
2016 Mazda 6 Touring AT
138 Posts
As long as you do not mess with the stock exhaust manifold/headers, which includes the primary catalytic converter, modifying anything downstream does not void warranty (except on the muffler that is now gone).

I'm running single exit and love it, along with the weight savings!
In my case I left the stock resonator, replaced the secondary cat with high-flow, and put a turbo muffler though wish I had just done glass pack :)

@ABCGarage! You should have replaced the secondary cat! :)

Also, without a tune and better flowing intak I don't think you'll notice much perf difference from exhaust...

Reactions: ABCGarage!

·
Registered
710 Posts
Great way to remove all warranties for your exhaust.. You will no longer have warranty coverage if u do anything to it.. You've been warned
Don't think there's much warranty left on a 2015, guy...

·
Registered
2015 Mazda 6 Sport
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sounds cool! That empty hole on the driver's side would drive me insane though, haha.
Seems to be most people's concern with the setup, I might be weird, but I like it!

Reactions: WoodinvilleDan

·
Registered
2015 Mazda 6 Sport
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I actually just picked up an invidia n1 from a brz that I’m gonna mock up to my 6, maybe I’ll post a video reply to see how it sounds compared. Although mine will be 2 1/4 in piping with 4 in exits.

Late reply, but I'd love to hear it!

Reactions: Trollz3457

·
Registered
2015 Mazda 6 Sport
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Was that a cold start? I didn't hear it in the video, but all of the aftermarket exhausts that I've heard sound terrible on cold start, when the motor is pre-heating the cat by igniting the fuel in the exhaust manifold. The stock exhaust sounds bad enough during that time. I think I would avoid an aftermarket exhaust for that reason alone.

The car was already warm, but the cold start definitely won't sound pleasant to you if you don't like the stock one already lol

·
Registered
2015 Mazda 6 Sport
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
2015 Mazda 6 Sport
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
As long as you do not mess with the stock exhaust manifold/headers, which includes the primary catalytic converter, modifying anything downstream does not void warranty (except on the muffler that is now gone).

I'm running single exit and love it, along with the weight savings!
In my case I left the stock resonator, replaced the secondary cat with high-flow, and put a turbo muffler though wish I had just done glass pack :)

@ABCGarage! You should have replaced the secondary cat! :)

Also, without a tune and better flowing intak I don't think you'll notice much perf difference from exhaust...
Intake and Tune incoming soon! May have to replace the secondary cat as well, though CA won't like me for that

1 - 19 of 19 Posts