Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Mazdaspeed 6
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 06 MazdaSpeed6 for a few months now and recently the throwout bearing got stuck and decided to "explode" damaging the Input Shaft beyond easy repair.
I had the shop I've used previously on big jobs order a used transmission to swap out with but this Input Shaft also has a slight indention/groove along one side of it.

Is this a known MS6 transmission or throwout bearing issue? (Google wasnt helpful)
I dont want to reject the transmission and order another one for it to have the exact same thing?
This transmission has 110k on it versus mine at 155k, and finding something with lesser miles anywhere nearby is a long shot.

Any feedback would be great.
I'm also upgrading the clutch to an ACT HD 6 pick sprung clutch kit with a single mass lightweight flywheel, both front axles and a new rear diff mount while it's in there.

As far as I know besides a Short Ram Intake, which came with the car, the internals/tune/turbo are all stock.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Not that I know of.
But I remember reading somewhere that a guy was driving his MS6 at 75MPH on the highway in 6th gear with cruise control and suddenly all wheels locked up because something went wrong with the transmission. I just change the transmission oil every 3 years and hope it never happens to me.
Good call. Definitely change the diff mounts, it's like a different car with proper diff mounts and rear motor mount.

What brand/model is the single mass flywheel? I will be doing the clutch soon and I'd like to replace the dual-mass flywheel.

·
Registered
2006 Mazdaspeed 6
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What brand/model is the single mass flywheel? I will be doing the clutch soon and I'd like to replace the dual-mass flywheel.
ACT HD 6 Puck Sprung Clutch W/ Streetlite Flywheel.

Drives great but I will say theres 2 things that may or may not bother you.
1- It chatters, loudly. Especially at Idle.
2- The 6 Puck, even though its sprung puts some pressure behind the pedal, and it's not as easy to hold the clutch out on a hill or like behind someone at a light who wants to inch up, or go and then tap their brakes lol.

So after having the ACT clutch kit and the transmission installed I go to pick up the car and they're like "The transmission mounts busted, you need a new one." After I asked several times over 2 weeks if we needed anything else before I purchased the rear diff mount and sway bar links. I guess what bothers me the most is how are you going to install a new clutch/tranny or anything really and not check the mounts?

I bought a Damond Motorsports transmission mount and installed it, which looks awesome and holds up very well btw, I would definitely recommend it to anyone with a busted mount or an upgraded clutch.

But now I'm leaking trans fluid, a decent amount too, by the "Breather" and the selector underneath the intake. Is this a common issue/easy fix, or is this going to be a warranty claim on the transmission? I'll add pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 Mazdaspeed 6
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But now I'm leaking trans fluid, a decent amount too, by the "Breather" and the selector underneath the intake. Is this a common issue/easy fix, or is this going to be a warranty claim on the transmission? I'll add pics.
I found the threads on this issue, guess I'll take and by and see if they'll honor the 12k/12m warranty of if I'm going to have to do it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts