Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i emailed injen asking them if they will be making proformance parts for the 6 and heres the reply:

"We definitely plan on making parts for the Mazda 6 this summer.
Regards,
Russell"

soon well have a real CAI :D

·
Registered
383 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Injen'

Originally posted by IronTiger

I am NOT using soup cans[/b]
I wasn't going to mention this, but actually, Baked Bean cans will give one a little extra boost....

·
Registered
1,130 Posts

Originally posted by IronTiger

soon is taking too long I want one now
I am NOT using soup cans[/b]

impatient much? :D These things take time. When I lasy spoke to Injen they said late june early july time frame. If you want a approx of what it will feel like, try the airbox mods.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Reading Topic: Injen

I don't understand all the hoopla about cold-air intakes. It seems they're pretty darn easy to make yourself if you're so eager. In the '6, there's lots of room for even a sloppy design.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

Modding the big, clunky airbox still leaves you with a big, clunky airbox. A cone filter would clear up some room under the hood and may still offer better flow than a panel filter. Of course, I don't know if the cone set-up is capable of reaching colder air without some serious routing (I haven't even poked around with the intake yet). My guess is it's 6 of one kind, half-dozen of another.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts

this is taking 4ever..... let it be a honda civic or accord, they'd have the CAI already out! 7 months for a CAI!?!?! got my 6 day after Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts

Originally posted by WhoDiddy

this is taking 4ever..... let it be a honda civic or accord, they'd have the CAI already out! 7 months for a CAI!?!?! got my 6 day after Thanksgiving.[/b]
True, but everything in business is a function of simple supply and demand. Honda sold 440,000 Accords last year. Mazda's most optimistic number for the M6 was ~80,000 sold in 2003. My guess is that right now there are maybe 20-25,000's 6's on the road, so that gives you an idea of manufacturer incentive.

I for one am pretty happy about the product slate for the M6, especially the V6. Those with 4 bangers should be able to gets parts from Europe/Japan by now I would think. I'm getting tired of waiting too but you have to put it in perspective.

·
Registered
111 Posts

I'm willing to wait.

It is definitely a case of supply and demand.

Sure, those accord drivers are getting their mods quicker than we are, but they're also driving accords every day.

They can't get a mod that turns their car into a Mazda6 :)

·
Registered
249 Posts

THERE YOU GO GUYS! :)

Yes, we will be doing the MAZDA 6 as soon as we can find one to prototype on.
We are definitely on it though!
Regards and Thanks,
Russell

----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Saturday, May 31, 2003 7:34 PM
Subject: Question about your products!

Hi! First of all, I must say that you guys rock. Your intake are the best on the market. I have one in my civic at the moment and it works great. My question is simple. I'm getting a new Mazda6i (4 cyl) in 2 weeks and I want to add a cold air intake from you guys in it. Are you planning to build a cold air intake for the Mazda6 / Atenza any time soon?

Thx a lot for the reading.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts