Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I look over Intakes all the time and I REALLY want to get the CP-E MAF-ci in the spring :drool: , but till then I'm thinking bout running the Injen till then, I know I might throw a CEL but I have a scanner at work to remove it, but from what I read is that w/o the MAF tuner my engine would run lean? Would it be ok for the 3-4 months till I get the full CP-E kit, or would there be any damage to the engine? I wanted better tires before I run the full kit and in essence get a new set of rims till then and was going to save over winter for the rims.

I'm in a tough spot Injen till Sping or just splurge and get the CP-E which I know is far better! But how will it go in the winter on stock tires... not well so any thoughts guys?

·
Registered
635 Posts
If you have a scanner, then you're fine. The 6 runs overly rich stock, so the Injen and CP-E both lean out the A/F, to more aggressive settings, but still well within the safe ranges.

I ran with only the Injen for a year and a half and others have run it longer back when CP-E wasn't around. You'll be fine.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
with the injen alone, i would get pinging... since you're in chicago, i wouldn't expect any issues with heat :) so i'd say go for it...

or maybe just do the MAF-c after the Injen - i did that, more oomph - but not as much as the full MAFci (~5hp differerence)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
crossbow
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing