Mazda 6 Forums banner
161 - 178 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Anyone have a picture of the mod that can be made to the stock intake? It was some kind of tube that can be removed..?

Will this give some effect, or just more sound?
I'm running the Injen CAI and I have zero problems after my car was used for the updated version. I'm somewhat sceptic all of the amount of cold air being sucked in my the filter being in front of the left wheel well. It is an open space down there with the air flowing through the sub grille and through the brake cooling aerodynamics or the stock under cover. I just want to push more air to the filter. So I took the stock air box apart and found a way using the stock parts for the Injen CAI or Corksport CAI or just you stock air box.

1. For stock, I would remove the tuba in front of the box underneath the stock air intake. Simply remove your air box and remove the tuba by removing the two plastic clips and pressing down the tab and pulling it off. Plug the two tab holes with duct take and tape off the tuba hole with duct take and use a zip tie for extra hold on the tape. Direct air flow to the air box.

2. For Injen CAI, remove tubas as instructed above. Remove stock intake from air box by opening and removing the air box lid. Remove filter and you will see the two tabs attaching the stock intake to the box.
Press the angles tab from the inside while gently lifting the toe outside tabs on the outside of the box. Be careful no to break these off. Little pressure will do the trick. Do this on one side at a time. Repeat on the other side. Attach desired hose (flex thermal hose, rubber hose,) with hose clams and direct it down towards the filter. Replace stock intake in its original location and you have extra air for your Injen CAI.

3. For Corksport CAI, follow instructions on 1. And 2. but no need to add extra hose. Place a thin barrier like pant hose or tight mesh cloth at the stock intake opening with tape or hose clamp and replace stock intake to its original location and you have extra air for your Corksport

This is the stock air intake removed from the box.

I taped off the opening when it was sitting in my garage to keep spiders out...don't mind that.

·
Registered
926 Posts
what is the tuba for anyways? it doesn't seem to do anything other than collect a pool of air

G

·
Hi, I cannot find the updated injen intake anywhere.. not on ebay, not on autoanything.com. nowhere. can anyone please post a link?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
174 Posts
Question, out of the people having issues with CEL and running RICH. How many are ATX vs MTX.

I read on another site that an MTX owner was having nothing but issues with it running RICH.

One other observation is I would never think an intake would create a RICH condition, LEAN hell yeah. If you are getting a RICH condition, I would think that your car is losing power.
If you dick with the placement of the air intake temp probe, you can trick the car into thinking the air inlet is colder than it really is. This will cause the car to enrich the mixture. When that rich exhaust gets to the O2 sensor, it senses the rich condition and trips the CEL.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Sorry to bump an old thread, just wanted to inform people that this intake (SP6073) does not fit cars with i-Eloop!

161 - 178 of 178 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.