Mazda 6 Forums banner
121 - 140 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
disconnect battery for 5 minutes run wide the #!%^ open down the road to 70MPH stop repeat let idle for 5 minutes. Nothing technical there just forcing the car to learn a bit. Really though have you tried going for a short aggressive drive after installing the CAI and discharging the car? I had to do this once after installing a cold-ram air kit on my formula to get it to stop running rich. Anything's worth a shot right?

These cars are picky! One reason I've not been an adopter of the CAI yet ;) Interesting enough, you would expect more air to cause a LEAN condition if anything, but it picks up all the extra air coming in and adds fuel to compensate, but over-compensates because it's not use to the larger colder charge of air. (I'll be surprised if we don't all get a CEL on the first cold-snap of winter if this is the case LMAO)

·
Registered
200 Posts
disconnect battery for 5 minutes run wide the #!%^ open down the road to 70MPH stop repeat let idle for 5 minutes. Nothing technical there just forcing the car to learn a bit. Really though have you tried going for a short aggressive drive after installing the CAI and discharging the car? I had to do this once after installing a cold-ram air kit on my formula to get it to stop running rich. Anything's worth a shot right?

These cars are picky! One reason I've not been an adopter of the CAI yet ;) Interesting enough, you would expect more air to cause a LEAN condition if anything, but it picks up all the extra air coming in and adds fuel to compensate, but over-compensates because it's not use to the larger colder charge of air. (I'll be surprised if we don't all get a CEL on the first cold-snap of winter if this is the case LMAO)
I left my battery unplug the overnight To reset my computer. then this morning I drove it pretty hard like you were saying. it was fine and then I just got back into the car turned it on and the check engine light turned on... No idea what I am going to do this sucks ass

·
Registered
497 Posts
I left my battery unplug the overnight To reset my computer. then this morning I drove it pretty hard like you were saying. it was fine and then I just got back into the car turned it on and the check engine light turned on... No idea what I am going to do this sucks ass
Now you guys are having me worried, I just got the conformation email this morning about my new injen intake and now you guys are having issues with the new one. I never had issues with the old on so now I'm confused. :confused:

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Wow.. that does suck. Normally a quick "self-tune" mode will fix issues from minor tweaks like that. What gives?! o_O

I'm guessing this is why the corksport SRI was released and pulled from the market so quickly.. it's been months and they still haven't released one yet.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Wow.. that does suck. Normally a quick "self-tune" mode will fix issues from minor tweaks like that. What gives?! o_O

I'm guessing this is why the corksport SRI was released and pulled from the market so quickly.. it's been months and they still haven't released one yet.
Left the code on I am going to put the stock back on and see what happens...

·
Registered
477 Posts
What do u think of me just driving it over the weekend and see what happens??

My old tube gave me a CEL but then after rechecking and resetting the ECU, it went away. I ordered the new one for the supposed bump in HP (yea yea I know), and it hasnt given me any issues.

I'd say one more reset, drive it for the weekend, and see what happens. At the very least, for peace of mind, put the old one back on or go back to the stock airbox.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I find this to be so funny. I reordered the CAI and its been on about 5 days now. I've been to the next city over (about 35 miles away), up and down the streets, digging out, and now CEL. Now that I have posted this info the light will come on. Just you watch.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just installed my Ingen CAI, drove 120 miles and got the CEL. my scanner didnt read any codes but it reset the CEL. I have the MAf bung on the back so I think I have a new one. I did notice a slight increase in power and sound but I think my gas mileage is lower according to the computer. I will unplug the neg terminal for 5 minutes tomorrow and run it some more and see what happens. How does everyone else feel about the intake? Anyone ask auto anything for a refund? Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
CEL

Light came back on. Not happy about that. 2000 miles on the car. I dont want to risk ruining a new car. It also feels like it is shifting harder. Before the intake I didnt think I could feel the car shifting gears, now it seems like it is shifting harder. Not happy at all. going to try and retun it when I get back and replace to stock.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes, so what is the status for those who ran it over the weekend? Is it still giving CEL's? I have the new one in the box ready to install but if you guys are still having problems. I'll just ship it back to Injen and keep the old one.
re-installed this weekend. went balls to the wall down the highway, got about 11 miles on it before the cel came back on. took it out tonight 30 miles later and cel went off by itself. I'm at a loss for words but right now no cel:mellow:

·
Registered
617 Posts
Light came back on. Not happy about that. 2000 miles on the car. I dont want to risk ruining a new car. It also feels like it is shifting harder. Before the intake I didnt think I could feel the car shifting gears, now it seems like it is shifting harder. Not happy at all. going to try and retun it when I get back and replace to stock.
I must have a heavy foot because I always feel the atx shifting but it does it very smoothly. They definitely need to test out the next version fully before releasing it. Was curious about getting one but not now.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
497 Posts
re-installed this weekend. went balls to the wall down the highway, got about 11 miles on it before the cel came back on. took it out tonight 30 miles later and cel went off by itself. I'm at a loss for words but right now no cel:mellow:
Well it looks like, I may just return the box without even opening it. Looks like either Injen needs to do more research on these intakes, or something is going awry with the new Mazda engines where both Injen & Corksport can't find the right tuning to get these out without issue.

However, this does remind me from my 1st generation Mazda 6 v6. Most of the name brand cold air intakes were giving CEL's when installed and most just dealed with it until it was smog time or when they had to go to the stealership. I remeber one company (CP-E I believe) had the only intake that worked with no CEL with that generation but their trick was they had to do some programming with the ECU to not make it throw a CEL. I remember I had another wire with a box that I just hid underneath my floormat.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Well it looks like, I may just return the box without even opening it. Looks like either Injen needs to do more research on these intakes, or something is going awry with the new Mazda engines where both Injen & Corksport can't find the right tuning to get these out without issue.

However, this does remind me from my 1st generation Mazda 6 v6. Most of the name brand cold air intakes were giving CEL's when installed and most just dealed with it until it was smog time or when they had to go to the stealership. I remeber one company (CP-E I believe) had the only intake that worked with no CEL with that generation but their trick was they had to do some programming with the ECU to not make it throw a CEL. I remember I had another wire with a box that I just hid underneath my floormat.
well after keeping the intake on all weekend the CEL stayed on I put around 100 miles on it.. I went back to my stoc k box and have put about 70 miles. Also i have Been talking Adrian at injen about this. he was saying that it could be the manufactured date mine was in November 2012 he said the cars that they tested were after that date and none of them had the issue. So give him and call tell them about this.. I am waiting to hear back from him....... Hope this get fixed bc the car had a lot ,ore power with the intake stock sucks Hahaha..

·
Registered
200 Posts
Same as u this suck were u getting to rich reading in bank 1

Have you guys called Injen Yet??????

121 - 140 of 178 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.